Thursday, January 29, 2009

I wish cleaning was as relaxing as sleeping!

So here I am, another nap time....Ryan is actually sleeping this time. I wonder why, he only screamed all morning and ran around crazy in K mart! We had a horrible morning. It was another snow day for Hannah....I hope her teachers are enjoying this break because I know a lot of parents who don't feel the same way (me included). Both kids were extra irritable this morning and I felt like Ryan was screaming way too much and Hannah was yelling "mommy" way too much so we left the house. I called Brad to make sure the roads weren't bad first. I had no idea where we were going or what we were going to do. Since there is really nothing for the kids to do within 30 miles of us we ended up shopping in Teays Valley and ate lunch at McDonalds! I was happy, at least! I love my kids dearly but this week has been so long and horrible for us. Since Hannah has started school she gets bored being home all day and I can only handle so much of the barbies, ponies and babies! She insists she can not play alone because she only has two hands....so I play with her but, man, does it get old fast! So I am sitting here in the livingroom looking at the mess around me and thinking I should really be cleaning. There is a make-shift tent in front of me, along with some boards that the kids were building with this morning. There are about 6 pairs of shoes blocking the front door, muddy dog prints everywhere, the table is piles high with who knows what...I suddenly feel overwhelmed! I am not even going to try to explain what I see in the playroom! The sound of the clock ticking on the wall is so relaxing right now. I think I will burn some candles. Why am I rambling on? I am going to end this blog. That reminds me....Brad asked an interesting question the other day. Why is it called a blog? And when I am typing here why am I "blogging". That also reminds me of something Hannah said to me in Big Lots this morning. We were looking at all the baby stuff because I have a baby shower to go to next weekend. She said "this stuff is so cute. Look at this, I am going to buy this for my baby when I grow up." I am not ready for that! She also insists that she needs a Hannah Montana shirt because every girl in her class has one. I could do a whole nother blog on that subject alone! But I am going to stop "blogging" and clean! I wish cleaning could be as relaxing as sleeping........suddenly I have a title for this blog! My first title was "I don't even know what to title this blog" now I am changing it.

5 comments:

  1. ha..ha my apt looks like that everyday...I went to Walmart today! Tell Brad (because I've looked it up before) that a "blog" is short for a website log!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had such a overwhelming and exhausting day! I hope tomorrow is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara has been going stir crazy too. We didn't get snow - we got ice - so we can't go outside and play in it. If I have to watch one more episode of Dora or Diego, I think I'll go crazy. But, it keeps her quiet and I don't care if other moms make me feel guilty for putting her in front of the tv all day long.
    Wait, what do you mean cleaning isn't relaxing - I think it is! I love cleaning!!! I spent yesterday afternoon reorganizing the cabinets under my bathroom sinks and I can't wait to work on organizing the cabinets in my mud room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I think it's relaxing, but I always feel so much better after I do it. I don't hate it. But on days like this week....when the kids are here all day, all I get done doing is cleaning one thing, then going somewhere else and coming back to find a mess in the first place again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, girls! Let me just tell you! Believe it or not, when all of the mess-makers are gone, you will miss them so badly at times that you would give anything for one little mess! Enjoy them, no matter if they are getting on your last nerve! Life is too short! Help make the mess with them and then help them clean it up! Make a race out of it! Who can pick up the most stuff! OK, enough of my MOM rantings! :)
    I love your blogging, btw, Liz!

    ReplyDelete