Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mom skills

Napping again....
Hannah even shared Teddy, for a few minutes!

They are most precious while sleeping


My mom skills have really been put to the test this week!! I have used more tissues and seen more snotty noses than I care to talk about. I had to clean out the entire laundry room to find an over turned bottle of deer urine on the dryer causing a big stink. We put Ryan in his toddler bed and I have been on him like a fly on a carcass about staying in it and not jumping on it. And today I have been cleaning up vomit and doing vomit laundry and holding a sick little boy all day. He just doesn't feel well and mommy is the only one who can help him! It started at 4am....they never start throwing up during the day. It only happens during the night when I don't have my contacts in and can't see unless I am 2 inches away from whatever I am trying to see (and when it is vomit you are trying to see, being 2 inches away from it is never a good thing!!!) He threw up 3 times and then started acting fine. I had already made a dr appt for today for his coughing. I wanted to have that checked early so I hopefully wouldn't need the nebulizer again (and he doesn't). Of course he wasn't sick at all while we were there. We waited in the lobby for an hour!!! Why did they tell me to come at 10 :15 if I was going to be in the lobby until after 11?!?! It is like that almost every single time I am there (which is a lot). But that is a whole nother blog in itself!! Anyways, when we finally got home he had a fever and was acting sick and moping around and clinging to me. That gets annoying. But I knew he didn't feel good so instead of cleaning like I needed to, I sat on the couch holding him until her threw up everywhere again. Then he went to sleep on my lap and I laid him on the couch and he slept for maybe an hour. I took some good pics that I am going to put on here too. Now he is sleeping again. Poor guy. I hate it when they feel so bad. And Hannah has been trying to be so nice to him and helping him and getting things for him and covering him up. She has been asking me a lot of questions about how he got sick. So I have been trying to explain to her about viruses and how you pass them to other people. That reminds me.....she also asked me what the big thing is that he pees out of!! I have been wondering when that would come up. It finally has!! I just told her that boys are different than girls and that is how they are made. That answer satisfied her so hopefully she won't ask me about it for awhile. Brad has worked late every night this week so he might have tomorrow off. I like those Fridays. Brad's mom wants to keep the kids but I don't think I will let Ryan go unless I think he is vomit free!! I think she can appreciate that! She had him the whole time Hannah was sick and in the hosp the last time they had this virus! Well, I better go. The dogs are scratching at the door wanting out. I just don't want to go out in the cold. What is with this weather anyways?!?!?

4 comments:

  1. poor baby...Micah has the yucks but so far no virus...if you need anything let me know...I'm just a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    Hope our little boy is feeling better today! I always hated it when you kids were sick, too! Especially when you were little and couldn't tell me what hurt! Fortunately, you kids just didn't really throw up that much! Wish I were closer so I could help you out by giving you a break! :(
    Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. He is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little dude. I just hope and pray Hannah doesn't get it again!

    ReplyDelete