Thursday, February 26, 2009

outside chores

I have been so lovin' the warmer weather we've had today and yesterday. I took the kids to the park after school yesterday. This morning Ryan and I spent a couple hours working outside. It has been cloudy but still a little warmer than yesterday. Some dogs tried to get the rabbit last night. This has happened a couple times now and it is really annoying. These 2 stupid dogs keep coming at random times (always at night, of course) jumping all over the rabbit cage, barking and knocking it over, pulling the tarp off. So this morning Ryan and I took her a special treat and fixed her cage back. We also cleaned out our trash bin where we put our trash bags until trash day. That was disgusting. Mice always find there way in it during the winter and so some bags were empty and the trash just ends up in the bottom of the bin. No joke, I took 10 bags of trash down to the end of the road this morning. 3 of them were the huge 40 gallon bags of junk!! That is were Big Red (our truck) came in handy! I just threw them all in the back of it and drove the truck down to the end of the road. It isn't a long walk but with 10 trash bags of stuff, I would have been going back and forth all morning! Then after that we worked in the building for awhile. Just trying to clear a path from the front door, back and just organizing stuff. It was a good use of a warm morning. There are plenty of things I need to do in the house but I am so bored with the usual cleaning. I needed to get outside and do some work, as strange as that sounds!! Brad will be happy that he doesn't have to clean out the trash bin (he wouldn't get it done anyways, that is why I did it!) Now I am trying to think of something we can do tomorrow since Hannah doesn't have school. I think it is supposed to rain all morning but I have to go pick up her immunization records for kindergarten registration on Monday so I'd like to do something while we are out. We haven't gone anywhere this week (except my dentist appt). I didn't even grocery shop for this week! I want to try to empty our cabinets and freezer for a change. The kids are playing happily for a change. Right now Ryan is pushing Hannah in a stroller! I love it when they aren't screaming at each other! Well, it is time to think about dinner so I better get going.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive day, unlike me since I wasn't home all day. But dad and I had a good day visiting one of the parks here in NC. Check out my blog post for today. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow, too! Love you all, MOM

    ReplyDelete