Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What a day!!

Today started out bad. Actually I should say that last night ended bad! When I was taking my contacts out before bed, one of my contacts flipped out of my fingers and went down the drain!! In all the years I have been wearing contacts that has never happened before! To make matters worse, that was my last pair and I couldn't get more because my prescription was up and my appt isn't until March!! So I went to bed in a mess last night, wondering what I was going to do today with only one contact. I am still learning how to drive that huge truck with both eyes, let alone only one eye! Brad said if I didn't think I could see well enough not to drive! But it actually wasn't that bad. Things were alittle blurry on one side but other than that, I drove fine! I called the eye dr and they gave me a contact for the one I lost to get me thru to my appt. Then I went to the dentist. I was very nervous because I haven't been in YEARS!! I don't admit that to many people because it is kinda embarrassing. But I don't care anymore. I have a couple of cavities but they said I did very well for not going to the dentist for so long! Then after that the day went a lot better. Hannah and Ryan played happily most of the afternoon. The kids made their own little pizzas for dinner. Brad worked late, like always. Then it started again....I went into Hannah's room once after she had had her make up out and there was dark pink lip gloss on the carpet and it was laying in the floor without the lid on......Big uh oh in our house! We don't wear our shoes on the carpet! We replaced all the carpet in the bedrooms about 2 yrs ago and that changes the value of it big time!! It needs to stay as close to perfect as it can until we sell the house in 10 yrs or so. Now I know that it won't be perfect but we can still try to keep it clean! So I took her make up out of her room and she has to start asking me for it and doing it at the table. She knew I was very upset about it. Her punishment was that she had to sit on the couch (no tv) and after I read a few books to them (like I do every night before bed) she was to sit there and look at a couple of those I Spy books where you have to find the objects in the big picture until it was bedtime (like half an hour by the time I was done reading). She told me she didn't want me to call daddy and tell him about it. I said I wasn't going to but I was going to tell him when he got home. They were already in bed when he got home. Then an hour and a half after they went to bed, I heard Hannah in there crying. My first thought was that she was throwing up (since Ryan just got over it, I am just waiting for her to get it). So I went in to check on her and she was crying hysterically because she couldn't go to sleep. She said she was thinking about thinks but couldn't tell me. I knew right away that it was bout the make up on the carpet but I didn't say anything. I just blew her nose and told her she needed to go to sleep or she would be very tired for school tomorrow. So she laid down. Then a few minutes later she was crying again so I went in and she wanted daddy. Then I ask her if she couldn't sleep because of what I found on the carpet earlier (I hadn't told Brad yet so he found out while we were in there but he didn't yell at her or anything, he wasn't even mad) and she said yes and broke down! So I told her that she was going to have to do her make up on the table and to go to bed. And I haven't heard her anymore so that must have been really bothering her! It is kinda funny that something so silly was keeping her up because she thought that she was going to be in BIG trouble! But I also think that will be good for when she is older and has tough decisions to make.....Hopefully she will think things thru. Anyways, I think I have said enough. Sorry that my blogs are never short!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh poor little thing! You're right though it's good that she thought about and maybe that will help her later on with...boys, drugs, cigarettes, etc....I know, I know, you don't want to think about that stuff yet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me, I am thinking about that stuff already!! Probably more than I should.....but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete