Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm back!!

It's been a few days since I wrote last. We went to Cols over the weekend and had a great time, like always. On Fri we just hung out around my sister's apartment, playing outside and then playing some board games with the kids. We took the kids to a place called Magic Mountain on Sat. It is like Chuck E Cheese with all the games. It also has this huge jungle gym thing like you see at McDonald's with all the tunnels, only better and bigger. Jessica and I knew we would pay for playing in there with the kids! We were the only people there and it was a lot of fun! Killer on the knees and wrists, though! Then we ate at Skyline. Whenever we are in Cols or Cincy we make it a point to go there. We all love it! I actually talked to the cashier at walmart about it today because I bought a couple of the canned skyline (it's just not the same). Anyways, then we went to the Y where they have a membership and we went swimming. That was a lot of fun too. Ryan is so good in the water already. He jumps in, goes under, swims around, he doesn't care. He had the little floaty things on that go on your upper arms. Hannah is just the opposite. She is getting some better but she has always been afraid to go off the steps, even with a floating device, unless she is glued to your side! This time she had a ring around her middle and was going off by herself, which is a big improvement! There was also a slide and a rock climbing wall at the pool. Nothing big and fancy but still fun. The rock wall was killer too! I almost made it to the top, with a little help from Terry. But I had to just let go and fall back into the water from the top b/c there was no way I could climb back down! It is a lot harder than it looks. Ryan was dying to go down the slide but it was off the deep end so they wouldn't let anyone on it if they couldn't swim. Anyways, so that was about all we did really but it was fun just being together. Then Hannah went back to school today. This week is supposed to be spirit week (they don't call it that but that is what we called it in school) where they wear weird things on the different days. Today was favorite color day but I forgot all about it! Tomorrow is inside out shirt day. Hopefully I will remember the rest of the week! Ryan and I did our usual Monday grocery shopping today. I dread it but am glad to have it done. I am going to start buying a sunday paper to clip coupons. There has got to be some way to save money while grocery shopping, we just haven't figured it out yet. So I'm going to work on that. Ryan ended up sleeping in the car on the way home so we skipped nap time but he has been grouchy this afternoon. It was warm enough for the kids to outside so we jumped on the trampoline, went on a walk with the bikes, played on the dirt pile. They have fun just being able to be outside and I like just being able to follow them around and not have to yell at them constantly. Now they are in the bathtub and bedtime is not far behind that. We might go on one more quick walk. Brad is working late this week. I think maybe 4-10 hr days. The top dog owner was coming in today and Brad's boss pulled him aside and said he might show up on the job and want to talk to Brad about what he wants to do in the future with the company. They have talked to him about that before but I don't think Brad wants all that responsibility and I don't blame him. So we'll see what he says when he gets home tonight. Just pray for him. I know he has some tough decisions to make about what he wants to do and he is having a hard time knowing what is best. I think he has some doubts about it. Well, the kids are ready to get out of the tub so I better go. Then they are going to help me clean up the living room!

1 comment:

  1. Coupons.com
    That is where I get a lot of my coupons.

    ReplyDelete