Thursday, March 19, 2009

takin' a break

I am feeling a little better today. At least I am not sneezing my head off and blowing my nose like crazy. My ears and head in general still aches. I found a lymph node on my head that I didn't even know existed! I think everyone knows about the ones right under your jaw, on your neck. That one was swollen too but the one I didn't know existed is right in front of my ear, almost right above where you jaw bone connects to your head under your ear. I also learned during one of Ryan's illnesses that we have them on the back of our head too! Amazing, I tell ya! Anyways, they are a good indication that you are sick and fighting something. I love medical stuff. I have been trying to get caught up on a few things around the house but I have to take breaks frequently because I just feel so tired and my back starts to hurt. The dr was telling Ryan yesterday that mommy needs to go home and rest for a few days and not do too much. I was thinking yeah right. That will never happen! I am thinking about seeing if Brad's mom wants to keep the kids tonight since Hannah doesn't have school tomorrow. I almost drank a whole carton of orange juice all by myself too. That is very strange for me because I never drink OJ. Maybe it is alright this time because I can't really taste it! I have really learned just how much I use my nose to smell things too. I couldn't smell that Ryan had pooped in his diaper yesterday. I didn't even know until he came and told me. There's no telling how long it was dirty! I also can't smell what I am cooking to know if it is burning. I just plain can't smell a thing. Well, suddenly I don't know what else to say!! That's all folks.

3 comments:

  1. I just thought of what URI means......Upper Respiratory Infection......right?
    I wish I could take the kids off your hands for a couple of days so you could rest! But, such is life! Praying you feel better soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling a little better, but hopefully you'll find some breaks throughout your day tomorrow to give you some much needed rest. I'll sing you a get well song if you'd like.....
    *Get well, get well soon. We want you to get well* That's all there is to it, but imagine clapping thrown in there =) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys, I feel better already--just from that special song!!

    ReplyDelete