Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To hear the birds chirp.....

.....is one of the best things I can ask for when the day is about over--besides my DQ blizzard that awaits me!! After a long day of yelling coming from me and from the kids, it is nice to just sit on the porch when they are in bed and listen to the birds, neighborhood dogs, rustling of the branches, and the smell of air. To feel the wind, see the sun setting, and the blue sky filled with clouds. I could go on forever. I love nature and the outdoors so much. It is so relaxing. I feel so blessed that God has allowed me to see, feel, touch, smell and hear his wonderful creations. Have you ever really listened and tried to differentiate all the different bird chirps? It is amazing how many different sounds there are. They are each so unique and beautiful. I have had a long day but I am feeling really happy right now. Just since I stepped outside a few minutes ago. I would recommend stepping outside alone in the evenings to everyone who has had a long day and just pay attention to your surroundings it can change your whole attitude. Yes, I have been outside a lot today because it is so nice out but now I am really enjoying it! Ryan and I took a walk this morning. He loves doing that. Just walking around the back roads. He knows all the houses that have dogs outside. He fills his pockets with rocks. Which reminds me that I need to make sure I check his pockets from now on before washing his clothes!! The bottom of the washer had about 5 rocks in it the other day! I knew from him. Then we poop scooped the yard(I need to do that alone from now on b/c he can't keep his hands, feet or sticks away from it!!), then we went down to the dollar general just to waste time until lunch! The day goes by pretty fast after lunch! He refused to take a nap. It seems funny to me that a 2 yr old can refuse to take a nap. I always tell him he better not get out of bed and he always manages to get the things very close to his bed in with him anyways. He must stretch out and reach them! I'll have to move everything from now on. I'm sure he would have slept had I left in in there longer but after 2 hours I decided I didn't want him to go to sleep and that I would like it better if he went to bed early! So Brad came home with DQ around 6:30 and was here just long enough to kiss everyone and get his dinner heated up before getting called out. He got a new work truck today. They have been promising him one since the new company took over over a year ago! He finally got it! So now he is gone and it is almost time for the biggest loser. I'll eat my DQ then. I know, I know, bad show to be watching while eating ice cream but I don't care. When I put Hannah in bed she asked me if it was going to get dark. I remember many a time going to bed when it was still day light out. Life is so funny. Well, I am going to wrap this up and go back inside.

2 comments:

  1. I love being outside and listening to the birds, too! Your blog was really nice today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog! I don't get to do it in the evenings really, but when it's warm I sit on the front porch and wait for the kids to walk home from the bus. I always think the same thing! Birds, dogs, breeze and my wind chimes. I love my wind chimes! Never had any before. Never really thought about them, but a couple of years ago Sheryl bought me some at the beach because we kept their Guinea Pig while they were gone and I absolutely love them! Don't know why really, but I love sitting on the porch listening to them.

    ReplyDelete