Monday, April 13, 2009

another day in NC

Well, right now Ryan and I are hanging out in my mom's computer room. My parents and Hannah went to the nursing home service that a man from their church preaches at once a month. I was surprised that Hannah still wanted to go after I told her it would be just like church. I think she was curious about seeing where old people live who need someone to take care of them. That is how I explained what a nursing home is. Anyways, this morning mom and I took the kids to a place called SciWorks. It is only about 15 minutes from their house and it along the same lines as COSI if you have ever been there. A smaller version though. They also had a small version of a zoo outside. It might have taken an hour to walk thru the outside part and that was stopping to take pics and things and another hour and a half to go thru the inside stuff. It all went pretty well. We got there early so there weren't many people there and it was still a little chilly out. We wanted to go to the zoo but they were saying 80% chance of rain. Needless to say, we didn't see a single drop all day! I'll post pics on facebook after I get home later this week. It was very reasonably priced too. I'd recc to people who were going to be in the area. Then we came home, ate lunch and took a nap (me included). Mom made sure to remind me not to get used to that! I did that yesterday too and paid for it last night. It took me forever to fall asleep and then I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep and Ryan has been sleeping with me (anyone with kids knows what I am going thru there!). Also, mom and dad's bed is killer! I can't wait to be back in my own bed! Mom's bed isn't as hard as the one in the spare bedroom where they are sleeping but it isn't great! It probably will rain all day tomorrow so we are planning on shopping. I can't believe my visit is almost over already.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's try this again..... my first comment was all messed up! Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you are having a great time in NC. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad your stay is going to be over soon, too! But, I'm glad for the things we are getting to do! Love you!

    ReplyDelete