Thursday, April 30, 2009

got my computer back!!

Well, as you all know, I have been computerless for almost a week now. That is a horrible thing to go thru! Brad got the desktop up and running the other day. I have been in the process of getting all my pictures onto CD's so I can delete them from the computer. We also deleted a bunch of unused programs. That has helped tremendously. I still have one program that came with my photo printer that I can not get off the computer. That has been one of the biggest problems with the computer. That program just creates files on its own. You can ask Brad, I'm not crazy. But at least I have a computer back. I think the laptop is done for. Thanks mom, for giving it to me. It was wonderful for the year we had it!

I had a long night with Ryan last night. He kept waking up crying so I ended up taking him out to the livingroom so BRad could sleep. I slept on the couch and he slept on their little couch. He did eventually go to sleep but I didn't sleep well out there. I could hear all the neighbor dogs barking all night. So instead of taking a nap after I got Hannah from school like he normally does, I put him down after lunch at about 11:30. He yawned all morning and had a low grade fever. His nose has been running non-stop for weeks. He is getting teeth in the very back of his mouth so I think that is most of his problem. But it is taking him a long time to get over it. So he is still sleeping, a little over 2 hrs later, and Hannah is next door with Brad's grandma. I really wanted to take a nap too but I had to get the pics off the computer before it died again. I was so worried that I was going to loose my pictures. I took the monitor over to grandma when I went to get Hannah from school and I knew she would be asking to stay over there when I went back to get the monitor. I didn't even try to argue with her! I just told her she had to ask grandma if she even wanted to watch her. She always does. I can't think of 1 time she has told her no. Well, I hear Ryan coughing so I better go.

5 comments:

  1. Poor baby - you AND Ryan! Kara had a really hard time with her molars too (even though she had no problem with her front teeth). Any chance he was crying because he had a headache from his teeth - did you try motrin? I'm asking because that helped Kara. That and baby Oragel.
    I hope you guys catch up with your sleep soon! We've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been giving him chewable tylenol. It helps for awhile. I can always tell when it is wearing off. He just woke up crying a few minutes ago....he was all sweaty so hopefully his fever is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motrin works better than tylenol. Try Motrin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dr told me not to give them motrin unless they had a high fever--like 102 degrees. (I guess she didn't say NOT to give it to them, just that I don't need to give them the good stuff unless it is high) Tylenol works fine for low grade fevers. His only got up to 102 once during the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got as much use out of the old laptop as you did!

    ReplyDelete