Saturday, May 2, 2009

weekend blues

Our weekend hasn't been too exciting really. Brad got off early yesterday because he worked late one night. So we went out to dinner with the kids and took them to the bouncy place. I actually got Brad to take his shoes off and join in the fun! I have major rug burn (actually plastic burn) from one of the steep slides on my elbow. It is killer! Then we took them to DQ and had to get a few things from walmart on the way home. It was like 10pm when the kids got in bed. That is VERY late in our house! I got up with Ryan at least 5 or 6 times during the night. He has still had a fever off and on. I think it is his teeth but don't know for sure. He is just really grouchy. During the day it isn't so bad (it's still pretty bad). Something about being in bed.....when mom is sleeping peacefully....makes him wake up. Then Hannah wakes up bright and early at 7:30. Needless to say, they both took naps today! We were supposed to go to Howard and Nancy's (an older couple from church-they kinda took over being mom and dad for us when my parents left and I am so grateful for it!) house for dinner and to play card games while their granddaughters played with the kids. But Brad is on call (he didn't get called out once but he would have if we had got to their house, that's how it goes!) and Ryan has made us all pretty miserable today. I felt bad to cancel on them. I think we had to cancel one other time too. He is just such a bear that I hate to take him to other people's house! Even when he is feeling fine, I am afraid he is going to break something or get into trouble. Unless it is a friend who knows how he is and only expects it from him! Well, Brad and i are going to watch Marley and Me. It is supposed to be a good movie and sad so I'll probably cry thru it-especially since it is about a dog.

2 comments:

  1. AW! Good, old Howard and Nancy! What sweethearts! I'll have to thank them for watching over you for me! Wish it could be me, tho! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday night when I came back to the nursery for you guys to go vote, I noticed he was grouchy. I hadn't ever seen him like that before. Hannah said "yeah, he's grouchy - he didn't take a nap" or didn't take a good nap or something like that. It probably is his teeth. This too shall pass!!!!

    ReplyDelete