Tuesday, May 5, 2009

dentists stink!!!

I went to the dentist today for my third and final cavity filling. My mouth is sooooo sore this time. I have no idea why. It was no different that the last 2 I had done. I can barely open my mouth or hold it shut because my jaw hurts. I am sick to my stomach, that's how much my head hurts right now. My ear even hurts on that side. I took some meds but they haven't kicked in yet. My dentist has been trying to get me to get braces. Apparently I am going to have bad jaw issues when I get older if I don't get them. Only my very back teeth come together when I bite down. That isn't a good thing! I don't really want to be 25 and have braces and i don't have $4000. I have done fine without them thusfar but I don't know if I want to chance it in the long run. I don't know what is the best thing to do. I do know that a nap would feel good right about now!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Liz! I'm so sorry to hear that! I had no idea - you're teeth are so pretty. Why would you have problems in the long run? What's wrong with your jaw?
    I'll be praying for you. Praying that God tells you to either listen to the dentist because they know what they're saying, or tells you not to because your dentist is an alarmist or just wants more money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing wrong with my jaw right now, except that it pops some every once in awhile. But I guess I could have major problems later, like lock jaw and stuff like that. I need to look into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the dentist either!!!! I had a filling done last month and it was sore and sensitive for about three weeks before it ever quit!!! UGH!! It did finally quit though, so hope yours is better by now.
    About the jaw thing.....I don't know the details, but my theory is usually, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Maybe you should go to another dentist and see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Although I like having clean teeth, I am NO fan of the dentist. If I could I would never go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys, I think I am going to go with Stephanie's advice and not fix it cuz it ain't broke!! My jaw is feeling a lot better except when I sneeze or am yelling and have to open my mouth wide!! (maybe I should try not to yell ;0 ) When it is time for a cleaning I might go somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete