Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sundays.....

are hard days for me. I usually have lots of cleaning to catch up on from being busy on Fri and Sat. And I am usually tired and really want a nap! I feel kinda guilty if I chose to lay around and not work, and I am extra tired during church Sun night if I work all afternoon! Guess which I usually chose? Sleep, of course. That is the good thing about Ryan still taking naps. And now that it is summer time and Hannah doesn't have to get up super early for school, she takes naps too because I don't care if she is up later. Today I surprisingly chose to work. I regret it now that Hannah is awake. I got lots of things done that I wouldn't have otherwise. I swept and mopped the floors. (You have to remember that we only have carpet in the bedrooms) Our house isn't huge but it is a lot of work. While I had the table pulled out so I could sweep and mop under it, I decided to wipe down the walls in that corner. I need to start having the dogs lick the walls and not just the floors after Ryan is done eating!! Ha Ha, I'm just kidding but that puts a funny picture in my head.

On another note, I could not believe how cold it was when we went outside this morning! Even after church it was still chilly. We had to get the jackets back out! I also had to get into the winter clothes for this coming winter so Ryan could have a long sleeved shirt and sweat pants to wear around the house.

So far I don't have any good plans for this coming week. The first week in forever that Hannah will be home with Ryan and I. I am trying to think of the best way to go about doing her workbook pages. I would like to do them in the morning before we get busy doing other things but I don't want her to try to rush thru it and just get it done so she can go outside or whatever. Then I thought maybe we could do them in the afternoon before or after supper but I am afraid she will be over tired from the days activiites and won't want to do it at all. Plus, I can't decide if I should do a letter of the alphabet every day and talk about only that or just stick to books and do whatever is coming next. I'll probably have to just play it by ear at first. But if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at visualizing Sammy licking down the walls after Ryan eats! I'm surprised they don't already do that, anyway!
    Listen, young lady! You are supposed to be resting on Sundays! That is why it is called "The Day of Rest!" DUH! Just kidding! I don't remember, but I probably did the same thing! Worked instead of resting, that is!
    And with regards to Hannah. What about if she did a page while you were getting their lunch ready? She would still be pretty alert from the morning's activities. Also, you could give her a letter for the day and have her try to name all of the things you do during the day that begins with that letter. You will have to help her, of course! But, it might even help Ryan, too! Just some thoughts, since you asked!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the day of rest. Mine is rarely Sunday - it's usually Wednesday. Kara and I stay in pjs most of the day and I don't do any chores. I usually do my bible study in bed while Kara watches cartoons. Very rejuvenating - on many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm full of ideas! Always have been! But, you are just now at the (age?) stage where you are actually beginning to listen to some of them! :) You probably already are starting to understand what I mean, mommy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas Vicky! Love the leter idea.

    ReplyDelete