Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm a hopeless mom

I finally realized what I am without my kids.....NOTHING! It has almost been a week since I have seen them and I have been so bored! On more than one occassion I have found myself standing out in the livingroom looking around to see what I can clean next! I have enjoyed going on several dates with my husband (fishing, movies, the mall) and only being a wife this week, but I am ready to be a mom again! Hannah told me that she doesn't want to come home but I know my little buddy misses me. I have probably done more shopping than I needed to this week and I got my hair cut. I even tried sleeping in a couple times! But nothing compares to waking up and seeing your kids faces every morning, even if it is too early. I also realized that I will definently go back to work once Ryan gets settled into school. I don't know, in a few years I might change my mind again! and Grandma might never volunteer to keep 3 grandkids for a week again!

4 comments:

  1. If you go to work when Ryan starts school, what will you do when they're sick? Or get sick at school and need picked up? You can't volunteer to be homeroom mom, or come to parties or field day!!! Just a thought. I think a lot of people think it's over when the kids go to school, but it isn't. There's so much to do if you want to do it. I'm not saying don't go to work and it's none of my business anyway, but I just want you to know that there is a lot to do even when they're in school, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Liz! I think it's awesome that you know what you want. I know I want too - to still stay home! :-) I asked Michael if he wanted or expected me to go back to work when Kara went to school, and he said I could do whatever I wanted, he had no expectations. So, I'm staying home! I LOVE being home. I worked at a desk enough in my life! I do, however, plan to volunteer at church a lot more than I already do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Hannah tried to convince me that she wanted to stay here and not go home, lol! That wouldn't last very long! I know they are missing you. The first thing out of their mouth if they are hurt or whatever is "mommy."

    As far as going to work or staying home is concerned, you could work part time, too, so you could be available to do things at school on special occasions and be there when they get home from school. That would give you the best of the two worlds. But, you need to do what the Lord wants you to do first, as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! I still have a few more years to think about going back to work. I would never go back full time. Brad said he doesn't care if I never go back to work, which is very helpful. I hadn't really thot about all the things I will be able to do at the school, I was just thinking about how boring it is around here! I also would like to volunteer at the animal shelter. And I have been thinking about starting my own pet sitting business once they are in school. I already have my first job! When Howard and Nancy go out of town in July I am going to feed their fish for them. So....there is a lot to consider.

    ReplyDelete