Thursday, July 30, 2009

packing, packing and more packing!!

For weeks I have been making a list of things I need to take to mom's house when the kids and I go on Monday. We will be staying for the week. I have been excited about this trip for awhile. I have already started putting things in bags. Then we decided to go camping this weekend.....So I had to put that list aside and make a list for camping! I have already talked about how much work is involved in getting the camper ready for a trip so I won't revisit that nightmare on here. Let me just say it is a lot of work!! I am excited to go camping though. It is so relaxing and just plain fun! My sister, bro in law and nephew will be joining us since my nephew is coming to our house so I can take him to NC with us for the week. I do not like having one trip right after the other, though. We will be coming back from camping on Sunday and leaving for NC on Monday!! And I just found out that mom is sick!! Some sort of sinus infection or cold. This is a bad time to be sick! So be praying for her and also for the VBS they are having the week we are down there. It is the first one in 35 yrs. I think they are a little nervous about the whole thing. I know I would be!! But even if the gospel is only presented to 4 kids (Michael, Hannah, Kara and Ryan) the entire week it will be worth it!! Now, I have to go get the kids down for a nap so I can take more stuff out to the camper!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, lists! I just love them - I don't feel organized without them!
    I am really excited about this trip too. I have thought about it and not going isn't an option. Kara has been dying to see her Mamaw (and cries about it every once in a while) - I can't keep them apart. It breaks my heart to have to console Kara when she's crying to see your parents. It makes me cry so hard. I want to just jump in the car that minute and take her out there.
    I will just pray that God keeps as many of us from getting it as possible and go from there. It's not usually such a big deal for most people to get a cold, but I get SO sick when I'm sick. (Remember Christmas? Pink eye and acute tonsilits. I was SO miserable - I almost went home early. Remember our September trip to the lake? More tonsilitis - I cried every day - I couldn't get out of bed a few days - and probably shouldn't have the others. Sigh. Sounds like I need my tonsils out, doesn't it!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I didn't realize you were going to be gone so long! You guys have a great time and VBS will be GREAT!!!! Give your mom a hug from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about you, but I'm so glad your mom is getting better! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep praying, girls! The "D" word is in my vocabulary today! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I just had to type in the word thingie before it would allow my post.......the word was "skuriabi" and I think maybe that sounds like the "disease" I have! I know, it probably isn't really funny, but it struck me as being funny! What can I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious! It does sound a bit like scabies, doesn't it? "Skuriabi" disease. I found that funny too.

    ReplyDelete