Sunday, August 9, 2009

just here....

Well, I am back from a great week in NC with my parents and sister in law and neice. Mom and dad were having VBS at their church and we missed ours here in WV because we were at the beach that week so I decided it would be nice to go to theirs and Hannah is going back to school the end of the month and we won't be able to make any more long trips for awhile. VBS always makes me think back to the days when I was a kid and going to VBS and church camp. Those memories are among the best I have.

Anyway, when I got home yesterday afternoon I was surprised to see that Brad had ripped out the linolium in the kids' bathroom and replaced it with tile while we were gone. We had talked about it needing done but we never talked about WHEN! That was a pleasant surprise. He said we was nervous about doing it without my input on what color tile to get and all that but he did a good job! Today was supposed to be spent cleaning up and unpacking suitcases and Brad had lots to do outside but it was sooooo hot this afternoon that we decieded to go to the pool after the kids woke up from their nap. And I did some cleaning after church this evening instead. I bribed the kids to help take their stuff to their rooms for some milk! Hey, anything to get the work done, right?! But I still have TONS to do tomorrow! And I better be going to bed now!

2 comments:

  1. awww that's so sweet the hubby went and did that for you. What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome! Tim would never do that!

    ReplyDelete