Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today was a good day.


I have been having a hard time getting back into the grove of things this week after being gone all last week. I have had such a hard time doing all the normal things I always do! For example, I just finished unpacking my bag yesterday! We've been back 5 days now! I haven't been able to get the house back in shape either. Or keep up with the dishes. So I knew that today would be a busy day! We are having a small birthday party for Hannah here tomorrow evening so I had (and still have) a lot of work to do around the house! I started cleaning and then got to thinking about Hannah's cake. I already knew I was getting a DQ ice cream cake and I knew I could just stop in and pick one up because they have a bunch premade. What I didn't know was if they could put a character on it and if I had to preorder it. So I decided we needed to go to DQ and find out. And then I decided to take the kids to the park while we were out and come back home in time for lunch and naptime and I could clean while they slept. And I am glad I made that decision. For you WV-ians, we go to the park back by the pool and walked around back by the gun club and fair grounds. We had a lot of fun at the park. They didn't even play on the playground equipment that long. There are paths and trails a little ways past the park that we have never been on so I asked them if they wanted to go for a walk and I was actually surprised when they were so excited to walk over swing or slide! Of course I had my camera and took some pics that I will put on here too. After that we went home, ate lunch and they went down for a nap. I did more cleaning and then started supper. Actually, I started supper after lunch because I made a turkey breast that had to cook for 4 hrs. It was really good! Then we played outside for awhile. I jumped on the trampoline with the kids and gave myself a headache. Then we came in and hung out on the couch for awhile, took baths and they went to bed! I've been putting them in bed earlier and earlier every night so I can wake them up a little earier every morning. So far, I am not liking having to get up early again!! It's hard getting back into the school schedule after not really having a schedule all summer. Speaking of that, it's 10pm so I better get in bed! =)






















































































3 comments:

  1. It's official- you have some of the cutest kids ever! But I'm sure you already know that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! And, your right, I did already know that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a mohawk I see on my Ryan?! :)
    Yeah, I have to agree with Lisa that you got some really cute kids there! They get their good looks from their "mamaw by church!" :)

    ReplyDelete