Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today was a big day in the Palmer house!


My precious daughter started kindergarten today. There is no turning back now! Life is going to be different from here on out! Yes, she was in preschool at the same elementary school she is in now but this is different! She was nervous last night when we went to the open house to meet her teacher and see her room. This morning she was ready to go! It is a lot easier on the mother when the child is ready and willing to go! She is going to have so much fun! Everyone is asking me how I am doing. I am fine this year. Last year was difficult for me and that prepared me for the real thing! Ryan was slightly lost without her today. You could tell he just didn't really know what to do! Poor guy, lost his playmate for the next 9 months! When I went to pick her up from school, the parents who are picking up have to wait outside the door and the kids are not released until the teacher knows the parent is there. Well, all these kids were coming out, going to their parents.....kids from Hannah's class were coming out....finally, I was one of two parents left waiting.....no Hannah and no the other girl, who happened to be in Hannah's class too!! One of the teachers releasing kids went to look for them. Turns out they were together ON THE BUS to go home!!! Both the girls wanted to ride the bus and were disappointed when they had to get off! I had so many questions to ask her and she had a lot to tell! So I'll share what I can remember with you all! The cafeteria is very loud and she likes peace and quiet, some things are "silly and goofy" like going to the gym and walking on the blue lines and not doing anything else, it is not as fun as last year, she likes her teacher, she made one new friend but can't remember his name, she saw Jacob (her favorite boy from church) but he ignored her amd she has to start bringing a pair of tennis shoes so she can put them on when they do certain things. She is really excited to go back tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. AWWW! You are so right! There is no turning back now! And each year just goes faster and faster! I'm so glad she had a good day and is excited to go back tomorrow! As long as she is excited, she will do great! I'm glad pre-school prepared you for this year! I always HATED those first days of school and sending my babies off! It wasn't too bad because you were with dad, but I was crying on the porch after you left with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ALWAYS have to have tennis shoes for gym. We have a gym nazi!!! If they don't have their shoes, they have to sit and watch everyone. Not allowed to participate. How STUPID!!!! But it's always been that way. I've been there ten years now. Wow....that's a long time!!!!

    ReplyDelete