Saturday, November 7, 2009

AAHHHHH......

Today finished off a great weekend filled with family, fun, food and church! I hosted my first ladies meeting on Thur and it turned out pretty good. I was so stressed out all day on Thur with all the cooking and cleaning and organizing for the meeting and I hate talking in front of people and I was so nervous about it so the devotion part was a CD of speaker David Ring. If you haven't heard anything by him I'd recommend you look him up on the internet. I have been reminded that no matter how bad I think I have it, God knows what's going on and he doesn't give us more than we can handle and that I should praise him in every situation or trial he brings my way. He has been very easy-going on me, compared to some people. I just wonder how he choses the trials he sends on different people. Anyway, so we played some fun games, ate some good food and went home! Mom and dad had come up earlier that day and the ladies enjoyed seeimg mom. Jessica and cousin Michael decided to come in Thur night instead of Friday so they were getting here as the ladies were leaving. Fri we lounged around the house some and made a trip to mom's old work place, AEP. Then we went out to lunch and came home in time for naps (Jessica and I included) and then I went and got Hannah from school. Brad was off on Fri too. (He has been working out of town Mon-Thur) He went hunting in the AM and then went and got 2 more trailer-fulls of gravel. I didn't get involved this time!! I made baked spaghetti for supper and then Jessica and I went to a movie with one of Jessica's friends, Amber. It was a nice evening out with no kids, husbands, nothing. We decided to go to a mexican restaurant after the movie. I have never liked or really been to a mexican restaurant but I really like the chips and cheese dip and the food I got. I was very impressed. We were the only customers in there the whole time and they were supposed to close at 10PM but we were still in there chatting and they didn't kick us out or anything! Finally around 10:30 we decided to take Amber home and head home ourselves. When we got to her house, the door was locked and she didn't have a key to get in. Her husband and kids were inside sleeping. She called her husband a million times, we banged on the door and she was really locked out! We didn't know what to do! We got this fake pumpkin thing off her porch and started throwing it at the windows on the second story to try to wake someone up. It didn't work. But all the neightbors heard us!! Finally a man and lady came over and offered to help. The man came back with a 12' pvc pipe piece and started banging on the 2nd story windows and finally her husband came down and let her in, after 45 minutes out in the freezing cold. It was the funnies thing ever! Today we hung out at the house again until after lunch time. It had warmed up and became very nice out so my parents and I took the kids down to the park before naptime. Our church had a dedication service for the new building planned at 2pm. I stayed home for the first half hour so Ryan could get a good nap and be happy. It was very nice. I missed dad's part. He was supposed to speak on how it all got started with building the new building and stuff like that. Then there was lots of singing, including 2 songs that mom and Jess sang. And then preaching for an hour by Pastor Jeff. Then we went next door to the old church and ate. I have been thinking it was Sunday all day today. My parents and sister and nephew all went home after the services. The house is quiet and half way in order again! Now, its not even 9 yet and it feels like midnight and I am so tired!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time this weekend and loved seeing all of you again! Thanks again for everything! The cooking, cleaning, etc! Love you!

    ReplyDelete