Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the swine flu shot better be worth it!

The health dept was giving the swine flu shot and mist today to kids. I had been waiting to find a place around here doing it. It was scheduled to be from 11-4. I wasn't planning on going super early but Brad's g-ma was telling me about how every place that had these clinics had lines like crazy and tons of people waiting to get the shot. So I reluctantly decided to go early and she offered to come with me "just in case". Needless to say, I am soooooo glad she was there. When we got there around 9:30, there was already no parking spaces left and a line outside and it was not warm out! I had packed a snack for the kids and they scarfed it down right away. It didn't take long for them to get restless after that. grandma took them for a walk while I stood in line. At 10 someone came out and said they were starting early b/c all the nurses were already there and the line was not getting shorter! It was actually out on the main road and they were worried about people being close to traffic. So I was thinking it wouldn't be long before we got in. Wrong!! At 11 we were still waiting outside. Around 11:45 or so we finally got into the building. Ryan had been crying, we were all freezing and I thot about just leaving more than once! When it was FINALLY Hannah and Ryan's turn to get the mist (which is the greatest invention ever!!) a news guy asked if it was ok for him to tape them. So Ryan was on the news. When we left it was 12:30!! I'll neve rin my life do that again. It was horrible. If I had been by myself, I would not have stayed. I found out later that the cops had been called and they were all going crazy because they hadn't had the clinic somewhere with more parking and blah blah blah. So I didn't get anything done around here. Ryan didn't take a nap and they were both grouchy from such a long day that they were in bed by 6:30. Tomorrow I won't get much done either because I have to go back out to walmart oto get my oil changed, pick up a prescription and get a few last minute groceries for this weekend. I just know I am going to forget something and have to go back out again after that! I have been planning for the ladies meeting. family coming in and a church dinner! If you know me, you know I don't like being a hostess and I don't like having to cook different foods. I just am not confident in my cooking ability and I have a hard time keeping the house clean! I have rather enjoyed planning the devotion and the games though. And of course, I can't wait to see my family and I know they don't care what my house looks like! Just 2 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment