Sunday, November 1, 2009

What is this world coming to?

This morning while we were in church our DVD player for the kids was stolen. That was the first thing Brad noticed while putting the kids in their seats when we were leaving. He asked me if I took it down and I said no! It was just gone. Nothing else was missing. Turns out, after we got to talking about it with some of the other church members, some of them had seen someone standing out by our truck and someone else running down the road by the other vehicles. I am not so upset about the DVD player. We can replace it. It has just reminded me how bad the world is. There are people out there who need Jesus and I don't think most Christians think much about it. I know I don't. It is easy to get wrapped up in your own life and not see that others are suffering, dying and going to Hell, addicted to drugs and other things. The world is evil and we should be more concerned for these people.

Brad is going back out of town to work in the morning. I am getting used to him being gone and it isn't so bad anymore! But now I am really going to be making up sounds in my head! I have sooooooo much to do this week to prepare for my ladies meeting and for family coming in this weekend. Our church is having a dedication service for the new building that was completed recently. My dad will be speaking since he was the one who got the whole thing under way before he was lead to go elsewhere. So my parents will be here and my sister, her hubby and son will be here too. I can't wait to see them. It has been so long. Well, I have a few things to do before I go to bed. Brad is taking my laptop out of town with him so please pray that the desktop will cooperate with me this week. So if you don't hear from me that is why!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, people need the Lord! You don't remember their being thievery there at the church before? You need to always lock your truck when you park it for church. Are Jessica, Terry and Michael staying for Saturday, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I rememeber the other incident. I usually do lock the doors, it was Brad who didn't this time. Yes, Jess and them are staying for Sat.

    ReplyDelete