Monday, November 30, 2009

What a day!!










Today was not the day I had planned it to be!! Brad left to work out of town again this week. He left his work truck here and rode with the other guy who goes with him. When he has done that in the past, he has left the key with me "just in case." Not this time!! And this is the one time I could have used that key. When I pulled back into the driveway from taking Hannah to school Brad called me from Charleston saying he needed a notebook that was in his truck before he left town. So what did I have to do? Meet him in Cross Lanes right then so I could get the key and come home and get the notebook. I had planned on calling the dr about Ryan's never-ending cough this morning but couldn't decide when I could fit it in. I ended up getting an appt for 1. So I got the key from Brad and decided to go to walmart while we were out to get a few things. Then Ryan and I came home (it was around 10:45a at this time), ate a quick lunch and I put him down for a nap so he could get some rest before leaving the house again at 12:30 for his dr appt. I knew taking the 1pm appt would be pushing it with having to pick Hannah up at 2:30 but the lady assured me I'd be in and out b/c that is the first appt after lunch. And we were out in plenty time. Turns out Ryan is wheezing in his chest and needs antiobiotics and a nebulizer 3 times a day. We have to go back for a recheck on Wed and if it isn't improving he will need steroids. We dropped his perscriptions off and then picked Hannah up from school. We went home long enough for the kids to get their daily snack and then we left to go get Ryan's meds. So by the time I took my shoes off and knew I didn't have to leave the house again it was 4pm. Ryan does not like doing those treatments! It was fun for about the first 2 minutes but the other 10 were a fight! I am planning on doing another treatment before I go to bed. I think it will be easier while he is asleep. While the kids were eating I asked Hannah if I could see her loose tooth (yes, this is the second one and it is right next to the first one she lost) and I just barely pulled on it and it popped out! We started talking aobut the tooth fairy and she said "I wish I could get $7!" I said maybe she'll leave you a cookie or something this time. She said she'd like that. SO I think I am going to start a new tradition tonight. The tooth fairy no longer leaves money, she leaves a treat!! I don't mind giving her money but it goes straight to the piggy bank and we never see it again. I'd rather give her something that gives her real joy! Even if it is a cookie.=) But I think I am settling with a box of Mike and Ikes. I just hope she doesn't wake up because Brad isn't here to back me up.....and I forgot to put the tooth under her pillow. Oh well. Then it was bathtime and then Hannah read me a few of her books and I read her a book and read one to Ryan. Then it was bedtime and the house was mine at last!! Oh yeah, and then Brad called me and I had to read him everything in that notebook! It was like 4 pages of numbers. Blah! I really need to work on cleaning the house up but I have already said I am not leaving the house tomorrow except taking and picking up Hannah from school. So I'll do it all then. I want to put some of the pics I took tonight on here then I might just go to bed myself!!

2 comments:

  1. What a long, yucky day! Good job - good wife and good mommy. Like I say, you really earned your paycheck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah woke up when I was on my way out of her room! I told her I was just checking on her b/c I thot I heard her say something. I just hope she doesn't remember it tomorrow when she finds her treat!!

    ReplyDelete