Wednesday, December 2, 2009

the nebulizer.....

my worst enemy!! I had to take Ryan back to the dr on Monday because he was still coughing. This time the dr heard wheezing in his lungs when he would breath out so we were blessed with a nebulizer 3 times a day and antibiotics 1 time a day. Ryan does not like to have the breathing treatments, which turns it into a battle!! It takes between 10-15 minutes (it might actually be less but it feels like forever) and the machine is loud and blows the medicine in his face and 10 minutes is way too long for any almost 3 yr old to be still!! Tuesday (yesterday) I was sure Ryan was getting worse. He was coughing a lot more and even coughed to the point of spitting up at the playground. He had to go back for a recheck today and turns out he is worse. Now he's wheezing when he inhales and exhales. So we had to get a steriod that he also has to take 2 times a day!! I have been doing his third treatment of the day after I put him in bed and know he is sleeping. That is ten times easier for me! He does wake up but he is so groggy that he just lays there. Then goes right back to sleep when I leave. I tried doing the first one the same way this morning but somehow he knew it was time to get up and he wasn't as cooperative!! So....that is where I stand now. He is still sick but not contagious sick. It sounds like he has something crazy going on when you hear him cough. Poor boy. He did this to me last year around Christmas time. The dr told me that the steriod can sometimes have weird side effects on kids like when thy=ey get mad, they get very mad. If they cry it is a major cry, basically they get very dramatic. And it increases the appetite. The boy already eats all day! So it will be interesting to see how he acts the next few days. I don't remember his attitude from last year. Well, it is about naptime for both of us!! I have to say I've been looking forward to naptime since I woke up! I have been waking up with a headache about every day. today it was worse and I just didn't feel good in general.......blahhhh. Say a prayer for us if it occurs to you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Defintely will say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll definitely be praying for you. Poor Ryan and poor Liz! I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today finds both of you doing better....without any crazy side affects of the steroids! Praying the Lord heals both of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete