Tuesday, December 8, 2009

good day gone bad!

Where do I start?! While Hannah was at school today, Ryan and I had a very long day at home. It just seemed like the time was going sooooo slowly! I did some things around the house; laundry, dishes, cleaned Ryan's room, swept, so on. But it felt like all that took about 5 minutes of the day. I just couldn't do anything to pass the time faster. I called Brad's mom as soon as I thot she would be awake (she stays up late and sleeps in so I called at 10) to see if she had plans tonight. SHe has been wanting me to come out and give her dogs their 7-1 vaccines. I totally don't agree with buying the shots and doing it yourself but that is a whole nother blog in itself! She didn't answer her phone so I left a message. When she hadn't called me back by 1pm, I called Brad's g-ma to see if she had talked to her. Turns out she was already out shopping when I had called at 10! With the slow morning we were having, I was dying to get out of the house after we got Hannah from school. She finally called me back and said we could come out for the evening. Thank goodness!! I even took supper (manwich makings and mac n cheese). After we got home, after 6pm. I fed the dogs, took them out and then locked the door, knowing we wouldn't be going back out. I put the kids in the bathtub and cranked the water on. You know how sometimes you feel like the water is never going to get warm? I had the feeling and thot but it never got any warmer so I turned the cold water off completely. Still no hot water.......Of course, Brad is out of town so I called him immediately. He just said "it'll have to wait till I get home." So I called Brad's g-ma. I am so thankful she lives about 20 steps away!! I took the kids over there in their towels, in the pooring down rain, gave them a bath real quick and headed back home with Ryan. Went to turn the door knob........it was locked!!!! I jsut couldn't believe it!! No, we don't have a spare key outside hidden for these instances! It it on my list for walmart tomorrow tho!! I took Ryan back next door and had to get a chair, pry the screen out of Ryan's window, and climb in it!! Luckily it was unlocked because Brad had to do the same thing last week. The thing is, when you lock the front door, from the inside, you can still turn the knob and go in and out. But from the outside it is locked. So when I leave I always forget the door is still locked and remember when I cant get back in!! But now the kids are in bed and I am watching biggest loser, about to get a bowl of ice cream!! =) That makes everything better!

4 comments:

  1. You have certainly been having some record low days! I would have taken up drinking by now if my days had been going the way yours have. (Not really.) I can't believe you want another baby - can you imagine no hot water and/or no Brad with a newborn right now too? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to have days like this every once in a while to appreciate the uneventful ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't have God, I'm sure I'd be drinking by now!! A baby would just add to the excitement. We aren't talking about it again (baby) until July when we can change the insurance back to a decent plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our doors are like that too! I was always scared to death I was going to walk out to get the mail when they were babies and I'd be locked out and they'd be in there alone!!! I've had to break in more than once!

    ReplyDelete