Wednesday, December 23, 2009

nebulizer update

I took Ryan back to the dr yesterday for his regular 3 yr check up with a different dr than he has been seeing for the nebulizer and coughing drama we've been having. That dr had informed him of everything and asked him to pay special attn to that and make a decision on what the next step is for us. I could see, or hear, a major improvement once we started the inhaled steriod last Friday. So I was expecting good news. I even took the nebulizer with me yesterday, just in case he said we didn't have to use it anymore. We didn't get that lucky!! His lungs are very clear but I still have to do the inhaled steriod once a day for 30 days. That isn't too bad but our insurance doesn't pay for the nebulizer so I am expecting a heafty bill from them later!! The dr explained to me that the way he his lungs got bad in the first place was just catching a cold or virus, that virus never getting completely better and then him getting another virus. His lungs became irritated and never had time to heal so he started wheezing and coughing real bad. I have to keep him on the steriod because if he catches another cold or any virus, his lungs could get irritated again and he would be back to wheezing. At first he mentioned keeping him on the steriod until the spring, until we got out of the cold season. I'm glad he changed his mind about that!!

1 comment: