Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nooooooo, not Monday again!!

Why does the weekend go so fast and the week so slow? Brad is headed back out of town again tomorrow. He bought a pistol over the weekend. Him and Chris took a bunch of scrap metal that they had tore out of an elevator to the junk yard and got $300 a piece! He's been wanting one so bad and you should have seen the smile on his face when he walked into the house carrying that case. Priceless. He rarely ever does nice things for himself. I am glad he was able to do this. That day we went out to his mom's house so he could shoot it! And he was showing everyone and calling everyone. Too funny! Anyway, I was going to say it is kinda for me. I'm eventually going to shoot it and get used to it. It is soooo loud, tho. I'm nervous about it. I'd feel better having that under the bed that that huge rifle that is under there now (with no bullets anywhere near it, how is that going to protect me?!)

Also this weekend the church had a couples movie night. We watched Laugh your way to a better marriage" It is a christian comedian, he actually said he was a pastor, but I don't know his name. It was nice to spend the evening with other young couples. We all brought a snack. Then after it was over (around 8:30) some of us sat around and talked till 11! It was nice. I love my church family. That is one good thing about a small church. We all know each other and are pretty close and like doing things together.

A couple times we were able to let the kids play outside and ride bikes. That has been so nice. I love this weather in the 40's! I never thot it could feel so warm!

A couple from church (Howard and Nancy, for those of you who know) had their granddaughter's over on Sat and called to see if they could have our kids for a few hours in the evening to play with them. They are actually much older than Hannah but they all still love to play together. They kind of babysit her! I think they are 10 and 14. I didn't let Ryan go over with them and afterwards Hannah said "thanks for lettimg me have a day to myself". It was so cute! I knew that Ryan would be too much of a handful and wouldn't enjoy playing with the girls. But he didn't mind staying here with us. Today at church Hannah asked Miss Nancy if she could go back to her house. So I'm sure that will be happening again!

There is no school tomorrow so I am planning on taking the kids to see the Chipmunk movie. I'm not a huge fan but everyone said it was good so....we'll see! Then Tuesday they have dentist appts. It will be Ryan's first appt. Last time he went with Hannah they tried talking to him and he wouldn't have anything to do with them! He wouldn't sit in the chair next to Hannah, open his mouth or anything!! So I am nervous about that! His dr said to play dentist at home and do some of the things they will do but I'm not so sure that is going to help.

Brad got the desk top up and running so he is going to be taking the laptop out of town with him. Now I have to deal with old school all week! I've been watching episodes of the Dog Whisperer on there and I love what he does! Brad was able to get his Elevator Mechanics License by being "grandfathered" in. I think that just means that he didn't have to take the test because he has enough hours of work just to be excepted. But he still has some sort of something he has to do on the internet and now he has to do so much continuing education stuff every year.

Well, I think I'm done for now.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness sis! You had a busy weekend! Wish we could get together tomorrow! Miss you guys and hope you have a good week! Give the babies kisses!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'd say you had a full and a good weekend! That is why it went so fast! I'm glad Hannah had fun with Howard and Nancy's granddaughters. I feel bad that at this very moment I can't even remember their names! How awful! It's coming....Abby and..............not coming! Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, Liz! I hope you have great weather next weekend when Brad is home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I remember! Abby and Emily! YEAH for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the couples night too!! I'm excited for the next one. I think next month.
    Oh and I remember Tim getting his first pistol too. I learned to shoot it too, but it's been probably fifteen years and now I wouldn't have a clue!!!!

    ReplyDelete