Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!

I was so dreading getting back into the old grind of getting up early and rushing around to get Hannah off to school. So far I haven't had to do that!! Yesterday there was a 2 hr delay, which I loved! When Brad left at 6:30 or so I said I wasn't going back to sleep. I felt wide awake. Next thing I know, I roll over and it's 8 o'clock!! The kids were still sleeping. I think Ryan is over getting up at 6am no matter what. I'm glad. But it has kinda changed his schedule some. He isn't ready for a nap by noon anymore. Yesterday he didn't even take one and they went to bed at like 6:45pm. I didn't get much done yesterday while Hannah was at school. I knew I wanted to go to Family Dollar because I had seen they had all their winter clothes on sale and I wanted to go back when I had time to look thru them and pick a few outfits for the kids for next winter. I also looked for things that would fit my baking nephew but didn't have any luck. (speaking of that, Jessica J started a blog so if you aren't following it yet, look her up) Anyway, I told Brad I wouldn't go shopping until I gave the dogs a bath and cleaned up the laundry room (where they sleep). But since I took Hannah to school at 9:45 I decided just to go on the the store while we were out and dressed and ready to go. That way we wouldn't have to go out again. It has been super cold here! So we got back home around lunchtime. Then I gave the dogs a bath and cleaned their room. When we got Hannah from school she was so tired! Soon after we got home, I found her in her robe, laying in her floor, holding Teddy (he's not allowed to leave her room). I knew she was tired. So I laid on her bed and we chatted for awhile about school and church while Ryan jumped on his own corner of the bed. It was nice to just hang out with them and talk to Hannah. I'm beginning to like that she is growing up some. I had the church ladies meeting to go to and then the school called last night to say there was another 2 hr delay and then they called at about 6:30 this morning to cancel school. The kids woke me up at about 7:45. I am getting too used to sleeping in! I haven't even taken a shower today. THe kids are playing so well together, I love it! I think we'll get bundled up later and go play in the snow.

4 comments:

  1. It brought a tear to my eye to hear you talking about how old Hannah is. Kara is really growing up too, which is making me not want another baby after all. Sometimes I miss Kara being a baby SO MUCH, but after a few hours with my friends who have babies, I am so happy to come home with my one girl and live in this perfect, happy, peaceful home with just the three of us. I am really feeling complete. I am going to keep Kara's clothes just in case you have another girl (how cool would it be to get your own clothes back?), but as soon as I find out you're having a boy - they're outta here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I'd love to have my clothes back if I had another girl (if I even have another baby) and also my maternity clothes! But you really don't have to keep the girl clothes if you don't want to. By the time I had another baby and she was old enough to wear them, they would be old fashioned!!
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling complete. It is good to just enjoy the stage they are in and not dwell on the past. I used to really struggle with that. I didn't want either of them to grow up at all. I did not ever want them to not need me or be their own person or be independent but I was being selfish. Now I just try to love every minute and change with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These conversations brot tears to my eyes because it shows me how God is working in your lives individually and maturing you into the godly women He wants you to be! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a whole lot to say except love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete