Thursday, January 14, 2010

vomit

I thought you all would love my title choice for today! That is what I have been dealing with. Last night after church Hannah and Ryan were running around, acting crazy, not listening to me and when we went to the truck Hannah said her stomach hurt and she didn't feel good. Well, being the good mother that I am, I did not believe her because she wasn't acting sick. At 3:45 this morning she woke me up crying saying she didn't feel good and she went into the bathroom and vomited. It was a lot more gagging than actual vomiting. And that started our morning! She only vomited three more times between then and 7am and hasn't done anything since. She is starting to perk up some now that I have Ryan in bed. She is very talkative but I have already told her that I am going to nap when I know Ryan is sleeping! I really need it today.

Last night at church, I was wearing my Buffalo sweatshirt that I got when I was in high school. One of the young men who sits right behind me commented on my shirt. I think he said "nice shirt" but I don't really remember now. I told him it was "old school, from when I was in high school and Brad was playing football" and I pointed out the date (1998). (I wasn't dating him yet). He said "wow, I was only 5 then." And for the first time in my entire life I seriously felt old! It doesn't seem like that long ago to me but I have almost been out of school for 10 yrs!! I told him exactly what I jsut said "for the first time in my life, that makes me feel old!" He also was wearing a Buffalo football shirt and the date was 2009. I said you just wait, in a couple years some kid, my Ryan, will come up to you and say the same thing you just said to me and you'll feel old too. It was just so weird, he is 10 yrs younger than me and I have never felt much different than him. Like I'm an adult and he's a child. Like, I feel like I could go in the youth class and sit next to him and no one would ever know I wasn't one of them!

On a good note, Brad will be home tonight.

5 comments:

  1. At least you know you have good genes and will look young for a long, long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also forgot to mention that I am so thankful Brad's grandma lives right next door to us. She helps up out more than she even knows! And I hope she would say the same about us for her. I called her this morning to see if I could bring the kids over while I ran to the store to get some gatorade. She said that was fine but called me right back and asked if I wanted her to go to the store so I didn't have to mess with getting the kids out of the house. So she went and brought me back gatorade, ginger ale, and a sleeve of crackers from her house. And I had to shove money in her pocket for it!! Love her! She is my blessing for the day.....I just wish we could get her to church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep praying for her and doing for her just like you are. Mention little things about the Lord when the opportunity arises! You never know how the Lord is going to work and deal with people.

    So, Hannah is all better now? And no signs of Ryan being sick? I'm glad her puking didn't last alllllll day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am clearly the last one to hear the news around here! I hate it that Hannah was sick all day for you. I sure hope Ryan doesn't get it now. And, your sister just turned 30, and you are not far behind!! Hard to believe this summer will be my 12th year out of high school! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very blessed to have family help!!!

    ReplyDelete