Saturday, February 27, 2010

Quiet Saturday

Right now I am home alone...and I'm lovin it!! So I'm just doing last minute SS stuff and laundry. I have started taking Ryan to Sunday School with Hannah and I so I am going back to the basics! I don't like that for Hannah's sake because she already knows the famiiar Bible stories and the next few months might be a little boring for her but I can't leave Ryan in the nursery forever! Last week was the first week I took him to SS and he did pretty well. He doesn't like coloring but he listened to the Bible story and he likes crafts. He has a lot to learn still about what is expected of him. He doesn't like to stay in his seat or focus on one thing for too long. So I'm glad it is me who gets to break him in. He'll still have to go in the nursery for Sunday night and Wed for awhile. I want to focus on one class at a time!

The kids spent the night at mamaw's last night. Brad and I went to a movie and out to eat and had some errands to run. Thanks to speedway for paying for our applebees! We knew there was a chance for snow and we were thinking about picking the kids up after the movie. When we went in, it was snowing alittle but nothing was sticking. When we came out, the ground and all the cars were covered! For those of you who are familiar with the Cross Lanes walmart and know how you can go all the way around walmart in a circle to get off the hill, that entire circle and all the way to the interstate was cars sitting in traffic! There were lines in the parking lots waiting to get out onto the main drag. It was horrible! The roads were very slick up there. So we didn't get the kids! They usually get more snow than us just because of the higher elevation.

Brad started putting the wood floor down in the kitchen yesterday morning. We had one box of wood left from when we first put the wood floors down (right after Hannah was born) that was hidden in the building that Brad wanted to use and we bought another box to go with it. Well, the new wood and old wood wouldn't join together right. Brad was having so much trouble getting it together that about a third of the way thru, he gave up and just ripped it all up!! So we are sstarting over with tile. So the kitchen might not be done for another week! It has been one major thing after the other in that room and it is soooo small! How can so much trouble come from such a small area?! Plus, we took the wall paper down so we have to paint again. Hopefully we can get away with just painting around the top where the border was. Brad wants to put another border up but I don't. We'll see.

Brad is going to Indiana this week. I don't think he is even done with the job in Lewisburg (where he has been putting 2 elevators in a building for the past 3 or so months) but they need him to do something in IN. Then after that I think he said he might have to go to Louisville and then Cols. Jess J, funny how we just talked about wishing he would to to Cols so we could all go! But it will be before school is out so we wouldn't be able to come too. I am so thankful that he has a job. I know there are so many out there who are suffering right now. And I am even more thankful that he works so hard so I can stay home.

3 comments:

  1. Brad is a hard worker with the Lord's blessings on his job! I'm thankful you get to stay home, too! I so hated it when I had to start work again before Nat was in school! Fortunately it was only 5 hours a day and he was right down the street from the house and she was a decent babysitter! I think her name was Pam, maybe?? Anyway, sorry you are still in snow, too! We have had wonderful sunshine this week, even tho the air has been brisk. Today while visiting we saw spring flowers popping through the ground and some daffodils ready to pop their beautiful heads in bloom! WOOHOO! Come on, spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Ryan is old enough for class now, what a milestone, huh? You're such a good mom - that will be so great for him. Lots of practice for preschool. Although, he'll be a whole school year behind Kara since he's a December baby, right? So he won't be starting in the fall like Kara?
    I know exactly what you mean. Having a hard working man who is blessed with a good job is so wonderful! Times are still tough in this country and I'm so grateful we're safe. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, Jess. Ryan will be a whole school year behind Kara but I think that is a good thing for him. He gets an extra year to mature!!

    ReplyDelete