Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Shutdown...

Once again, the weekend had come and gone. I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to let me live a few more days. I know that I shouldn't be so attached to this world but I have to be selfish and ask that He keeps me around (and all of us, for that matter) to see my kids grow up for awhile longer. I want to experience everything with them; school, work, friends, salvation, jobs, marriage, kids. I want to be here to help them, guide them, love them, protect them. Sometimes I feel like I am being selfish to want to bring another baby into this evil world. I don't want to think about the hard times my kids are going to have to go thru but I know they are coming. The world is going farther and farther away from God. With all the rain and snow we have been having, Hannah and I were talking about how God promised to never flood the world again. I began explaining that he meant covering the entire world with water, not this localized flooding we have in our yard! But then I began thinking about how the next time it iwll be destroyed by fire. I didn't tell her that b/c I don't want to traumatize her! But I certainly don't want her being around for that either!! Anyway, sorry I've started out on such a sour note. That's just some of what I've been thinking about!

Brad is trying to convince me we need a puppy, not a baby! I have already said I don't want any more dogs for awhile after Sammy and Patch die. I need a break. Hannah wants to sell them away and get a puppy. Ryan doesn't want to get rid of them but he wants a puppy. We aren't seriously thinking about getting another dog, that's just one conversation we had this weekend.

I'm becoming pesimistic about our dream of selling this house any time soon. The properties we really like out Custard are priced too high for us with the plan we have to either build a house or get one of those modular homes that are built somewhere else and brought to you. (Kinda like a doublewide only better) They want $20,000 for the 5 acres. $35,000 for the 8 acres. The thing is that I want to get a house that Brad and I can live in forever. So that by the time he can retire, our house is paid for. Now, I know that all these things are according to God's will for us. I'm not saying, this is what I want and this is what will happen. We want God's will but I think we still need to plan ahead and prepare for our future. So our other thought is to get the property and a doublewide, which is cheaper but still nice enough to live in for several years and save money and build in a few years. Then we run into the whole thing of starting over with the house payments whenever we decide we can build. Also, a huge factor is selling our house! Nat and Cheryl really want to move back up and they are interested in our house, if they do end up moving. I'm not holding my breath on that but it would be the perfect senario for us both! Nat said he is going to be calling the bank this week to see what they can get approved for. Or we can just stay here for several more years, which is seeming like the best thing to do.

I'm just feeling kinda bummed tonight, if you can't tell. I really want God to, just once, say in an audible voice exactly what he wants us to do. Something, anything to point us in the right direction. But since that isn't likely to happen, we'll just keep on praying, keep on working, keep on truckin and when one door shuts, we'll try another door. Thanks for listening to me tonight!

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Having this house for sale in N.C (going on a year soon) and still trying to figure out what God wants us to do here is so hard. I would love if he would just tell me how much longer we need to float these two payments... I'm definately trying to just be patient and trust Him, but my selfish, impatient nature just keeps creeping back in. I'll be praying for you guys and all the different choices you need to make!

    p.s. take it from me and never get more then two dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some very big life decisions! Keep on praying and we'll keep praying for you too. You know how it goes, God will reveal what He wants for you, when He wants you to know it.
    What is it about us humans that we can't just sit and appreciate where we are now? We're always looking for the next thing (house, baby, etc). I feel like God spent my whole 20s teaching me that. He will probably carry on into my 30s too!
    I love you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you and love you sis! You are so lucky in the situation you have now! Brad having an awesome job so you can stay home with the babies and give them so much love, attention and direction. Brad gets to have three day weekends to be with you and the kids at home most of the time. And you have a warm, beautiful house that is yours to do with what you want and food and a church family. You are such a lucky woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies! You are all such an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND, on top of all of that, you answered your own thinking.....no audible voice is gonna yell down from heaven to you....just keep praying, trusting, opening doors as others are shut! One of these days, you will be allowed to walk on through! Same goes with raising the kids. Stop being paranoid about everything! Just keep putting God first, praying, trusting God to help you raise them His way and commit them to His keeping!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete