Saturday, March 27, 2010

I should be in bed right now!

Today has been a long and fun day. This morning the kids and I got up and went to an easter egg hunt at a girl I used to work with church. They live a good 40 min away but it was worth getting up early and going. We made a fun day out of it. I haven't seen her in almost a year. SHe works sooo much and it is hard to make time to get together. So I made it a point to go to the egg hunt. It was nice. They had a puppet show and a devotion and then egg hunt and even provided lunch. Then we went to a park near there (Barboursville Park, for those living around here) and hung out for the next 2 1/2 hours!! It is a nice park that I've never been to with a big lake and walking trails and nice playgrounds. When we first arrived the big shelter was occuppied with what we thought was a birthday party. So we just stayed back. One of the ladies came over to the playground and was yelling for any kids who were participating in the egg hunt to come get in line. SHe looked at our kids and said it again like she was expecting them to go too. We said we weren't part of the party and she said her and some other ladies she works with put this on every year for anyone at the park! How thoughtful of them! So the kids got to have a second and rather unexpected egg hunt!! And they had eggs hidden everywhere in this big field. It was fun. Then we walking aorund the lake and just hung out until everyone started complaining they were cold, thirsty, tired (that was mainly Hannah!) and then we went to Sonic to get a slushie. We pulled into one of the drive up spots and then we all sat in the back of the truck and ate our ice cream or slushies. It was a good day. It was very beautiful out. The sun was shining all day but the wind was bitter cold! Oh yeah, before we left this morning I told Brad the one thing I wanted him to do while we were gone was to sand down the "mud" he had to put on the walls in Hannah's room where I messed the walls up big time while removing the wallpaper. That way I can paint this week while he's gone. I really wasn't expecting him to do it b/c he was soooo dreading it. But he did that and lots more! When we got home grandma was sitting out on the porch so, of course, the kids had to stay out with her for awhile. I was so tired, and still am. We grilled hot dogs and steaks on the grill for supper and then watched a movie and put the kids in bed. Hannah had to sleep in Ryan's room b/c her room is still a mess. Now it's my turn to go to bed! Good night world.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! This is going to be the first year we dye eggs and stuff.
    What do you tell your kids about Easter? So far I just told Kara it's the day Jesus showed us how much he loves us. I think "dying for our sins" can be really scary for a three year old. Just wondering what your kids can handle.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tell them how it is! I don't think they are ever to young to learn that we are all sinners and someone perfect had to pay for all the bad things we all do. I'm sure she won't understand it and probably won't think much of it now. I know Ryan doesn't. But Hannah is getting there. A girl in SS today said she isn't a sinner but her brother is, and she's almost 7!=) I never sway from the truth or try to cover up any of the "scary" parts, tho. I am responsible for teaching these kids the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer, Liz! The death, burial AND resurrection "story" has been around alot longer than the psychologists who say you shouldn't tell children about it (another scheme of the devil, I believe, to get parents NOT to tell the story)! Children see the real world every day and they need to know the WHOLE story about what Jesus was willing to go through for us because of His great love for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, real story it is. But I'm calling both of you in the middle of the night if she wakes up with nightmares. ;-)

    ReplyDelete