Monday, March 29, 2010

......Monday.......

Have I already mentioned that I have a headache?! I've been saying it to myself all day, I know that!! I woke up this morning feeling very stressed! I don't normally let things get to me but for some reason I'm feeling very overwhelmed already this week! I have so many extras on my to do list and I just want to get it all done on Monday and I run around trying to do all 10 things first and it just doesn't work so then I end up not really getting anything done. Top on my list is getting Hannah's room done this week. Having all her junk scattered around the house is adding to my stress level majorly. I put 2 coats of primer on the walls were Brad had to put "mud" (the stuff to cover up all the messed up places in the walls) and you can hardly tell. I'm going to put one more coat on tomorrow and if that doens't help I'm jsut going to start painting and see what happens. I also tackled the laundry and did 3 loads in a hurry before going to walmart (I was there by 10) and just threw all the clothes on the bed. Honestly, they eill probably be there about all week! After we got Hannah from school I finally broke down and took some ibuprofen and told them I had to lay down for a little while. Half and hour later I was back up and at it. We had leftovers for supper and then I bathed them real quick so we could go to a birthday party of a girl in Hannah's class at school. I couldn't believe I was letting Hannah go to a party that started at 6 on a school night! But it is the first party that hasn't been on a weekend and we've been available to go to so I thought I'd let the schedule slide and take them. I'm glad I did. They had a good time and there were not many kids there so it wasn't horrible on my alrady pounding head. It was almost 8 when we got home and I folded all the laundry on the bed and scooted it over onto Brad's side. =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a headache all day. :-( I think you were super productive for a headache day and deserve a gold star - no matter what that list says!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, when you gonna try that nettie pot? :)

    Hope your headache is gone today. Does "that time of the month" have anything to do with it? Always did for me. I always got a whopper of a headache the day before and it lasted for a week! UGH! Weird how some people are more susceptible to headaches. Hereditary, maybe??!!

    But, for having a headache, you did get alot done! Are you expecting too much of yourself? Don't kill yourself trying to get "stuff" done when it will just be there again tomorrow! As much as we played with you kids when you got a bit older, I didn't do enough of it while you were little! The housework will ALWAYS be there.....the kids won't! :( I can't say it enough that I wish I had just enjoyed being at home with you while I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels good to hear from your own mother to let the mess stay b/c it will always be there. It also feels good to hear that you wish you had played with us more. Not b/c I think you didn't play with us enough (I don't remember back when I was younger) but b/c it reminds me that even my parents are only human and we can't do everything perfectly. I am constantly asking myself "am I doing enough?" Playing with the kids enough, doing enough housework, making the right decisions about everything, and so on. I don't feel like this is something I should just let go b/c I think it is important to be concerned about it to an extent but I do think I could ease up a bit! =)

    As for the headaches....it is definently hereditary. Everything gives me a headache....squinting, certain smells, my birth control pills, sinus stuff, I could go on. Everytime I go to walmart I say I'm going to buy a neti pot but I forget everytime!! I will one day.

    ReplyDelete