Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, Monday

The weather today has made me feel blah all day. I finally broke down and took Ryan to the dr for his cold and cough that he has had for like 2 weeks. He said since it hasn't gone away by now, it probably won't go away by itself so he is on antibiotics again. I have been trying so many different meds that I was confusing myself on what was working and when to use the inhaler and when not to. So I think we are all straightened out now! Hopefully this will be the last sickness before a long summer of healthy kids! Ryan yawned the whole way back home so I knew he'd take a good nap for me today, which I was looking forward to b/c I was feeling like I needed a good nap too! So after we woke up and got Hannah, we went and picked up his $30 (stupid insurance) antibiotic and went to a little thrift store and bought a few kids books and movies (Stitch, The Backyard and Narnia). $3.99 for used movies is a lot better than $20 for brand new movies if you ask me and $1/book is a lot better than $3.50/book! We went home and did the normal things and Hannah kept saying how tired she was. At 6 Ryan was begging me to play in the bathtub while Hannah was working in her sticker storybook that I got out of the scholastic paper for $1 from school so he played by himself for awhile and then I decided to just read to Hannah so she could go to bed but then when I said that Ryan wanted out so I got him dressed and all and we read 4 books and then Hannah said she didn't want to hear the last one. SHe was ready for bed. So I told her to brush her teeth and she could go to bed. Poor girl. She gets so exhausted being at school all day. As soon as I walked out of Ryan's room I went and put my jammies on! I folded the laundry that I did today and now I'm not doing much! Thinking about a bowl of cereal.

Also, Brad's g-ma had to put her dog, Megan, to sleep today. She was like 15yrs old and getting sick, not eating or drinking much, having a hard time getting around. She was really suffering. Having put 2 pets to sleep, I know exactly what she's going thru and I feel so bad for her. Her situation is different in that, she is all alone over there now. She says she won't get another dog but I'm sure she will. She won't be able to stand it over there by herself. We spend a lot of time together, especially during the summer but there is a lot of other time when she is alone in her house. Anyway, I just feel bad for her right now. I told the kids that Megan died b/c I didn't want to explain to Hannah what being put to sleep was and I didn't want her to think g-ma killed megan. She told Ryan but he doesn't understand really. They haven't said anything about it since so....we'll see what happens the next time we go over there. But we're going to give g-ma her space for a day or 2.

4 comments:

  1. You're such a good mom sis!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jess! I don't always feel so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you always are a good mom! You are playing with them non-stop. Wow-ee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that you are a TERRIFIC mom.....ALL 3 of you! You make a momma proud! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete