Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shot till you drop....

.....that's what I did today! Yesterday I found out that Brad's uncle had called, wanting Brad to go fishing up in the mountains with him today. Brad told him no b/c he is gone all week and he didn't want to leave me and the kids again (how thoughtful of him!). I was so appreciative of that that I told him if his mom wanted to watch the kids all day, he could go to the mountains and I would just do whatever I wanted! He was so excited. I missed the time we would have all spent together on such a beautiful day but I know how much he wanted to go fishing and I was really needing a day by myself. So, I'll run down the list of all the places I went today. Target, AC Moore, Marshalls, Hobby Lobby, Kohls, the mall, Cato's, Elder Beerman, K Mart and Dollar General. I didn't spend much money. It was just nice to be alone. Boy, did my feet ever hurt after all that walking! I started out in tennis shoes and after buying 9 pairs of flip flops in Old Navy (4 for me, 3 for Hannahand 2 for Ryan) I changed into one of my pairs and I think that's what caused me to start aching. Anyway, it was a good day. The kids had so much fun out at mamaw's too. Now that it is warm they can get out. Popaw took them on plenty of 4 wheeler rides, they walked in the woods, ran around in the yard, played in the mud, all that fun stuff. Brad still isn't home from fishing yet so I probably won't see him until the morning!

4 comments:

  1. I bought four pair of flip flops at Old Navy too!! For me and Kayla. I really like their flops, I think they're better than any other kind and they're cheaper. Even the Walmart ones are more! Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Old Navy flip flops but I don't have any! I will have to get some if you both got some! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE flip flops! I was so glad to get them on today and I wore them all day! Had to paint my toe nails this morning but I loved not having to put socks on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! Hopefully you feel recharged. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that shopping and all you bought was flip flops?!! Personally, I cannot stand that thingie between my toes! Don't know how I wore them when I was younger! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete