Sunday, March 14, 2010

over already?

I can't believe Monday is just a night's sleep away. The kids are asleep and daddy is next door hooking up grandma's new stove for her. I can hear the frog outside in our "river," which is annoying but also a welcome sign that spring is coming! We got soooo much rain this weekend. The rivers are way up, and so are a lot of the creeks around here. Which means our yard is amess too! Brad pumped water for hours straight over the weekend and would have the ditch about dry and it would just fill back up.

Tomorrow he starts a job in Columbus that should last him 4 wks or so. He thinks he will get to work 12 hr days, which would put him back in town early in the afternoon on Thursday.

Hannah is feeling lousy again this weekend. On Fri night she woke me up several times saying she didn't feel good. I kept telling her to make sure she went to the toilet if she needed to vomit but she never did. Then the kids were up bright and early at 6:45 Sat morning. She had a fever and still wasn't feeling good. She complained of a headache several times and said her chest hurt when she would breathe in. But that girl always has something hurting on her so I never know what is really sick related and what is just another hurt on her. So I haven't done much for her, just some tylenol when she cries b/c her head hurts. Her nose has started running also so I think she just has another virus of some kind. We had to go pick up a big dog kennel on Sat AM for Brad's mom and I didn't feel like hanging around the house all day with a sick kid and an over-active kid so we all went. I took Hannah's vomit trash can just in case! Still she never vomited! By the time we picked up the kennel and took it to Brad's mom and hung out there for just a short time, it was after 2pm when we got home. The kids had no trouble falling asleep for their nap. I forget what I was doing while they were sleeping but I know I was thinking I wish I was sleeping too! I never let Hannah sleep very long b/c that always makes it hard for her to fall asleep at night. So I went in her room to wake her up and I laid on the bed next to her and the next thing I know, I'm waking up and it's after 4! Ryan was still sleeping too! I thought we were in for a long night of not tired kids! Daddy and Ryan cooked supper for us and then we played a game pf Hullabaloo. Thanks Steph! It is a lot of fun. I figured that would be a good way to spend time together and run down their energy. Then we watched a movie that Ryan had picked out from Food King and then put the kids in bed. They had no trouble going to sleep! I was surprised but glad.

Today Hannah seems to be doing some better. Still kinda mopey and she said her throat was hurting this morning but we went to church and then she went to Miss Nancy's afterwards to play with one of the granddaughters for awhile.

Tomorrow is back to the old grind. I've got lots of cleaning to get cought up on before Ryan and I head outside to get work done. Brad finally finished the building so I can start putting all our stuff back in it this week! We have tubs of stuff in his g-ma's garage and lots of stuff in her building and stuff all over the porch and lined up down the fence and junk everywhere it seems! I told him we were starting to look like real hillbillies!! Hopefully I'll be able to fix that this week!

We were going to sign Ryan up to play football, which starts this week. I called to see how it works and it was going to be $155! It doesn't seem like a lot when you say $25 to become a member and then $10 for every class (once a week for 13 wks). But we don't think it is worth it for a bunch of 3 & 4 yr olds to just be running around not really caring or doing what they are supposed to . So we are going to wait awhile. I was really looking forward to it. Maybe I'll be able to find him something cheaper go get involved in.

Also, we tried keeping Ryan in church with us this evening.....that lasted about 5 minutes!! Long enough for him to eat his snack! I brough a truck and dinosaur for him to play with and that probably was most of the issue because he was playing loudly and dropping things and running up and down the pew. He doesn't like to color or write like Hannah does. So we are going to hold off for awhile longer!

2 comments:

  1. Where is Brad going to be in Columbus? Erin Mullens is coming up tomorrow and I am going to meet her for lunch! I haven't seen her in forever! But if Brad wants to come down for dinner or something, we'd love to have him! HOpe the babies get feeling better! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing about our yard, I think it was last month! We had cleaned out the garage and we had a huge amount of stuff in the driveway and all over the porch. I told Tim we looked like red neck trailer trash!!! All we needed was a truck up on blocks in the front yard!!

    ReplyDelete