Monday, April 19, 2010

allergies

I know it's kinda early in the evening but for us things are winding down! I decided today that I am going to try to spring clean one room, or area, every couple days or so until I get the whole house done. We'll see how long that lasts!! I started off good today and did the pantry. I took everything out, washed walls, floors and shelves, organized and got rid of some stuff and then put everything back. That took me several hours. I finished up right around lunchtime and then grandma asked me if I wanted to walk today. We've been talking about walking since last summer and just never started it. So today we loaded up Ryan's bike and went down to this little track behind a dr's office not far from us. I've never walked there before but it was actually pretty nice. The track is concrete and alittle wider than a sidewalk. 5 times around is a mile, one of the ladies working at the dr office told us. I was thoroughly surprised when grandma didn't mention stopping for a break until after our third lap! Ryan had already lapped us multiple times but that point but it was nice to be able to turn him loose and trust that he wasn't, and couldn't, go anywhere! After she rested we walked 2 more laps to make a mile and then quit for the day. When we got home Ryan wanted to stay at her house so I went home and started working on supper. I wanted to try a new recipe, Fabulous Fried Rice, from my sneacky chef book. There were several ingredients that I needed to make before-hand. Brad is in town this week so I've got to get back to cooking real meals every night. Brad and Hannah liked the meal but Ryan and I didn't love it. Ryan had ate a bunch of salad with grandma earlier. And I don't mean salad like you or I eat. This was only lettuce, spinach, yes you read it right, oil and a little vinegar I think. Not good at all if you ask me but he loves it! So I was ok with him only eating a little rice. Now they are in the bathtub. Hannah doesn't have school tomorrow b/c it is kindergarten registration day so she doesn't have to be in bed early but I don't think they will be up very late. But I might let them both sleep in Hannah's bed or something. We'll see.

All of us have allergies but mine and Ryan's are acting up the worse so far. Ryan's are worse than mine too. I start sneezing and my eyes start itching in the evening but his is all day. As soon as we walk out the door he starts sneezing and multiple times during the night I hear him. Poor kid. Right now all I can give him is benadryl and he is even too young for it but the dr gave me a dose. I can't remember the dose he gave me but I only give him alittle more than half a tsp. I need to be taking claritin but I just don't. I give it to Sammy sometimes. She has allergies all year long that cause her to lick to her belly all the time and scratch a lot but it doesn't really help her.

Well, the kids are done in the tub so I better go before the room gets flooded!

3 comments:

  1. Michael and I both had to start taking Claritin this year. Maybe this year is worse because of the crazy winter we had.
    Take it, silly, no sense in suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Take it silly!!! Tim takes it off and on (he's silly too!) and Kayla takes Zyrtec every day year round. She forgot it Sat and Sun and now she's clogged up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I are thinking the pollen is bothering us this year, too!

    ReplyDelete