Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Experiences

So I got an Olive Garden gift card from my church secret sister that Brad and I used last night. I have eaten there once, YEARS ago, and it was a first for Brad. We don't normally go there mainly b/c we like steak and chicken strips! So we were kinda nervous about what to expect. It was fancier than I remembered, to start with! The girl brought us the salad and bread sticks and asked if we wanted cheese. We said yeah and she started twisting that shredder thing. She kept looking at us kinda weird but kept it coming! Then she said is that enough? We didn't know we were supposed to tell her when to stop! It was funny. So I told her we were new to this! She also offered us a sample of some wine, which we quickly said no to! Since neither of us are big italian eaters we had to look at the menu closely. I got the chicken alfredo. I buy the kind in the hamburger helper box and we all love it. So I was excited that there was something I liked. But it tasted nothing like what I buy! It wasn't bad but I def like the box kind better! Brad got chicken marsala. He didn't love it either. The sauce was weird. I tried the chicken and it was alright but the potatoes weren't very good. Then when we were ready for a box she put my stuff in for me and gave me a bag full of breadsticks. We certainly won't make that our new favorite restaurant but we'll go if I get anymore gift cards! It was kinda fun to try something new and not know what to expect. We don't do that ever! We did try the new buffalo wild wings place awhile ago that neither of us had ever been to but we knew they'd have something we liked.

So after we ate we went to the mall so Brad could buy a new pair of shoes. I bought him a pair for his birthday but they were too small. They were too small for dad also. Everyone who has come to our house has tried on those tennis shoes! Dad said they had to be sized wrong. I dont know. But BRad says his feet have grown. He used to wear 10 1/2 all the time but the last pair of work boots he bought were like 11 something and the shoes he bought last night were 11 1/2!

Well, don't know what we have planned for today. It's much colder than it has been.

4 comments:

  1. That was so funny! You're such a great story teller! And, don't take this the wrong way, but you don't get out much, do you?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we get out lots but only to the same places!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box kind over Olive Garden!?!?!?!? Oh my gosh!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Stephanie! I can't believe you would like the box over Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo! But, you always have had different taste buds than anyone else in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete