Tuesday, April 27, 2010

good day


Today has been a good day, all in all. I had an appt to take Sammy to the vet for her mad scratching and licking. Her allergies have been making us all crazy!! So she got a steriod inj and some antibiotics b/c of the sores on her belly. Hopefully she'll be all set.

Meanwhile, grandma was here having her house and ours inspected for termites. We knew she had them b/c you could see where they have burrowed thru some of the boards in her garage. I was surprised to see they had made it into the garage b/c she had that built on right before we had our addition built on not even 3 years ago. Anyway, we thought since she had them, it was possible that we'd have them too. So they checked ours too. She was planning on going to the mall right after he was done with her house but when I told her I had an appt, she said she'd stick around and go later. I love her!! So there were papers in my door when I got home. He gave us a discount and it is going to $1000 to treat for them. But I guess it is better to get them now before they destroy the house.

Ryan found a caterpillar when we got home and appropriately named it "Caterpillar." So the first thing Hannah said when we picked her up was "why does he have one and I don't?" Like I purposely found him one and not her. So we looked when we got home but couldn't find another. Then we decided to take the dogs and and our bikes down to the track where grandma and I have been walking during the day. We found 8 caterpillers while we were there so the kids were anxious to get home and put them in their bug catchers. They dumped out the water I had brought in a bowl for the dogs and put them in their. I guess Hannah didn't dump ALL the water out b/c when we got home, most of them were dead!! But they both managed to get one live one. That's the picture at the top. I managed to get around the track 6 or 7 times on my bike with the dogs while they messed around.

Now the kids are in the tub, well now Hannah is yelling to get out. We've got a mess of blocks to get cleaned up in the livingroom adn Iwant Hannah to read to me before I read to her so we aren't going to make 7pm bedtime tonight!! =)

3 comments:

  1. LOL! She certainly is cheesing in this pic! Ryan looks like he's gonna strangle himself with the string on the bug catcher! Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I had to keep telling him not to wrap it around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara is crazy for bugs too. I was when I was little too. I think they're all super smart and will love science. :-)

    ReplyDelete