Monday, April 5, 2010

My, oh my...

Today was our first full day with cousin Michael and it had its share of ups and downs, to say the least! Him and Ryan get along great the majoriity of the time. But for some reason he thinks Hannah is always out to get him or something. I can't figure it out. And I don't know if it is his age or what but he has to disagree with every single thing I say! I love him to death but he is getting mouthy on me and I haven't gotten ther =e with my kids so I'm not equipped to handle it yet. He also asks a lot of questions. Not important questions that really need answered but "what are we doing next?" "when are we eating" "can we do this" "why that" "what are we doing later" But he's also really good and helpful.
First thing in the morning I called the dr to make an appt for Ryan to be seen b/c of his rash. Turns out he doesn't have poison ivy. It's contact dermatitis from coming into contact with something he's allergic too but rather than try to figure out what it could have been, the dr just said to give him benadryl and he would call in a perscription for a steriod cream to put on it and to have minimal sun exposure b/c that can worsen the itch and all. Yeah right!! So we left the dr and went to walmart to get a few things. Michael had money to spend (which he forgot at home) so we went to the toys for him to look for a Bakuman or something. We couldn't find them anywhere so he just started saying well, I'll just buy this or I'll buy that. So I said no, you aren't buying another gun or that huge tennis ball just b/c you want to spend the money. You need to buy something you want. So we went to the shoes. We couldn't find anything good there either so he just wanted to buy any pair of shoes so I said no! I didn't let him buy anything. He did carry all my bags for me. So we went home and ate lunch and then went to the park for awhile and then went to pick up Ryan's meds. When we go there they couldn't find it anywhere and said it hadn't been called in. So I called the dr and they said they'd recall it in. We went home, played outside for ahile and then went back later, right after 5 when the dr closed, and they still hadn't got anything from the dr!! So I don't know what happened there. I'm kinda irritated with the dr. But I can't talk to them about it until tomorrow. So Ryan is still itchy. So we came home again and ate supper and then went to the church ladies meeting. It was at Stephanie's house and she said I could bring the kids and we'd put them in the back yard! And we did! Now we are having our first thunderstorm of the season. Wish there was a way I could sit outside and watch the storm. But I'm done for the day and exhausted!


Ok, I can't get my pictures in a line so here they are!













in the car before dr appt
at park
eating supper

4 comments:

  1. Haven't I been telling you that sis, about disagreeing with everything, no matter how small and dumb, just to disagree. Just ignore him when he starts it and I will call later to threaten him. I dont know what it is about Hannah/little girls that he isn't super keen on but it is there right now. Just make sure to make him be nice and make him mind. Use soap for his mouth if you have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOAP in the mouth?!! I can't believe I'm hearing you say that, Jessica, after your reaction when dad and I had to hold Michael down to wash his mouth out when he was about 8 or 9! :)

    If Ryan has contact dermatitis, doesn't that mean he is capable of giving it to someone else? I guess only if they are allergic to Ryan????

    Michael is at the boys-hate-girls age! They grow out of it as quickly as they grow into it! But, it is still no excuse to be unkind!

    Sounds like you are gonna have a looooooong week! :) Wish I were there to "help" you out with the kiddies! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael still talks about soap in the mouth! Good job - it obviously worked. LOL!!! :-)
    Hopefully you (Mom) have a better time with all four kids this summer - the boys can entertain each other and the girls can entertain each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soap is much easier to squirt now a these days! Especially with the foaming Bath and Body Works soap and dispensers. Haven't had to do it yet but Michael is super close to it! Wonder which would make a better impression...Japanese Cherry Blossom? Pomegranate?

    ReplyDelete