Tuesday, April 6, 2010

this is a movie I took of the kids when I first got out the slip n slide. They had a blast today and I am pleased to say things went a lot better! I woke up at 7:30 and got in the shower before the kids woke up so I could be ready. We didn't do much for the first couple hours. After eating, I did a load of laundry to hang outside and Ryan and Michael played in Ryan's room for awhile. Hannah didn't wake up until 8:30. I called the dr about Ryan's meds that never made it to the pharmacy to be filled. The nurse called the pharmacy and got it straightened out. I didn't get asked what we were doing a hundred times or even if we could go outside! We finally made it outside around 10:30 or so. And then the fun started! I filled up some water balloons and they went back on the trampoling with them. Then after lunch grandma kept Hannah and Ryan while Michael and I went to Eleanor to get Ryan's meds. Michael was still dying to spend his money so we went to the family dollar and finally settled on 3 water guns for all them to play with. It was purely his idea. When we got back I put some of the cream on Ryan. It was like crisco. White, thick and kinda greasy! His face is starting to feel weird. You can't tell by looking at him but when you touch his face it is really dry and rough. It's weird. Anyway, so then we got out the slip n slide. We don't have any hills in our yard but they had just as much fun. We came in later, they watched most of a movie and ate a snack while I chilled on the couch then they wanted to go back out. We went on a bike ride, they played on the trampoline some more and then started to argue so we didn't stay out much longer. Everyone was pretty exhausted! We are supper around 6 and by 7:30 Ryan was soaking in the tub in some special oatmeal stuff that Stephanie gave me to try for his itchy skin. THe bad part is that the rash is mostly on his face, neck, down his back and arms so he has to lay on his back to soak the areas that need it! And it says not to swallow it or get it in the eyes. Yeah, he didn't stay in it too long! Now, finally it is bedtime and Michael and I are sitting on the couch on our laptops.

3 comments:

  1. Well I couldn't get the video to work but I am sure glad things went better today! Last night I asked Michael if he had a better day and he said yes! And it doesn't surprise me about the water guns. He has even offered to buy Terry and I dinner ice cream or anything just to be able to spend his money. I am glad he got something that they could all share and play together! Hopefully you can have fun outside again today because I hear it is not going to be pretty for long. They said this morning on the news that we will probably have snowflakes early Friday morning! YUCK! Just make sure you keep my boy in check and I will call later on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The movie was great! Ryan cracked me up when he said, "I meant to do that!" Glad they had a good day and that you did, too!

    Snow on Friday?!! Sorry about your luck! I hope you don't! It has been HOT here this week! 90 yesterday! 87 on Monday! 84 is the projected temp for today. Tomorrow clouds will move in with the threat of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Friday is to be in the 70s.

    Can't wait to see you next week! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the movie!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete