Saturday, May 8, 2010

Diamond


Today has been a really good day. We left the house early this morning, I can't even remember why...oh yeah, laast minute mother's day shopping! We got Brad's mom an airbrushed shirt with all the grandkids on it and it says "grandma's lil angels. It was cute and she liked it. Hannah finally broke down and said she wanted the hamster (or hampster?) when I mentioned Ryan going in on it with her. The silly thing was only $10 but I wanted Hannah to pay so maybe she will want to take better care of it and appreciate it more. I think she's old enough now for some responsibiliy and buying some of her own things if she wants them. Of course, we bought the cage and food and all that stuff. I didn't want to take all her money! So we picked one that didn't try to bite us when we were picking it up and she seemed super sweet and has been so far. On a side note, I think we picked one that has some sort of problem. Her rear stinks and she has this thing hanging down near her tail/girl parts. I noticed that she was stinky when we bought her but thought maybe she sat in poo or something. But after putting her in her clear ball to walk around the livingroom, I was able to look at her better and it doesn't look normal under there. I hope she isn't going to stink forever or die already!! Sammy doesn't know what to think but Patch stands there and watches her in her cage. When I had her in her ball in the livingroom she was nudging it with her nose like a toy that drops out treats if she pushes it the right way. So I'm not sure if she likes it or not. I dont' really want to find out! So after spending all morning and early afternoon out and about we came home and I cut up my fruit that I was taking to the cookout at mamaw's house and we left again. It was too cold and windy for a cookout but we did it anyway and had a lot of fun. And that was my day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got one! Our little gerbil as been the perfect little pet for our family. I'm really happy with him. :-)
    By the way, Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Liz!
    Hope the hamster is going to get better!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete