Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Doneday

This morning I managed to get the floors swept and mopped, the kids' bathroom cleaned and the dishes done before Ryan found a different home movie from the year 2006. Ryan wasn't even born til the very end so you can imagine how tiny Hannah was, and Kara and Michael for that matter! I ended up watching it with him and by the time it was over it was lunchtime. I'm so glad I have those movies to watch as the kids grow older. It's good to look back and see them as babies. Anyway, after we ate we buried the hamster and then played outside for awhile before I made Ryan come in for a nap. I was dying for one too but I didn't give in. Whenever I do, I find myself wanting one every afternoon at the same time and I can't give in to that. After we got Hannah from school the kids played outside while grandma and I sat on the porch and chit-chatted. Then we came in around 4 so I could start supper (egg and cheese biscuits and fried potatoes), which was really good for a change! I was planning on letting the kids stay up late b/c Hannah doesn't have school tomorrow so I fixed us some funnel cakes. But I changed my mind rather quickly!=) Ryan doesn't sleep any later no matter how late you keep him up so I decided since we have to go out tomorrow to get groceries and do other things, he should get a good night's sleep. They took a bath, I read to them and now they are in bed! So now I'm washing some laundry. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow and rain about all week so I'm not even going to waste my time putting clothes out on the line this week, which I would rather do.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day! Can I say how much I love your blog and feeling connected to you? :-) Keep it coming, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks! I really feel the same way. It's hard being so far away from the whole family. I tried to get Pam on here too. but she hasn't yet. We used to be so close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam probably doesn't have much spare time between homeschooling and the kids! I'm glad we have the blogs to stay connected to one another! What did "they" ever do without the internet way back when?!

    ReplyDelete