Monday, May 17, 2010

the short and the long

Today started out as a really dreary, rainy, blah day. I just couldn't make myself get off the couch! So I decided to make it a movie day for Ryan and I. I borrowed several movies from cousin Michael so I was excited to watch The Lion King. It's one of my all-time favorites and I haven't seen it in ages! Have you ever noticed that the cartoon movies you loved as a child have so much meaning when you are an adult?! When you are a child, you like the movies b/c the animals are cute or whatever but when you get older, it's like you never knew there was so much deep thought involved in it! So of course, I was getting all teary-eyed from the very beginning. Anyway, after that we took a break and I loaded the dishwasher and cleaned the kids bathroom and then put another movie in. Hotwheels this time. Not so much fun for me so I got up! Mom stopped by on her way to lunch with a girl she used to work with before going home and gave me several things I left at Jessica's. Ryan wanted to go home with her. I almost let him but I would be lost without him! After luinch I tried to get Ryan to nap but I knew he wouldn't since we didn't do anything all morning. The sun started coming out every once in awhile so my mood changed alittle. After we got Hannah from school we all ate an ice cream sandwich and worked on Hannah's memory verse and project for Bible Club on Wed and then we went outside for awhile. They got all wet and muddy so while I was cooking they played in the tub and then after we ate we went across the river and bought some flowers to plant out front. Then it was time to read a book, brush teeth and get in bed!

Hannah brought home papers they did at school of subtraction! I was so surprised. When she brought home pages of addition problems, I was alittle shocked that they were doing that alreadu but the subtraction?! I couldnt believe it! She got them all right and got a big WOW! on the top of her page. I hope this is a sign of her future math abilities b/c I am dreading having to get back into math with the kids! With Ryan it won't be sooo hard since I will have just done it with Hannah. I have a feeling he'll need more help than her anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I hope she does well in math! I would love to have brot Ryan home with me, but I know Hannah would not have been happy about that, either, not to mention you being lonely! One of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete