Monday, May 3, 2010

this really is the last time!!

As you can see, there is another truck parked in "Big Red's" spot. This is a brand-spankin' new Chevy Silverado, only 75 miles on it, and blue just for Ryan. We have been looking around and doing research on a better truck to pull the camper and with the recent problems that came up with the Ford we decided we better start looking more seriously. So we test drove a few trucks (Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra at a different dealership and then this one) and we weren't even going to buy this one but the guy wasn't letting us out of there without a sale (when we said we were still considering the other 2 from the other dealership)!! He kept offering us lower interest rates, which means lower payments. After he said 3.9% we decided we just couldn't pass it up. Our payments are only $50 more a month than the ford payments! Plus we have all the warranties and stuff that comes with a new vehicle. And to make it better, they gave us $500 more on our trade than we even owed on the ford!! I'm telling you, they were desperate! But I hope we made the right decision. I'm always nervous a few days after buying a new vehicle, which you all know, we do pretty often! I promise, this is going to be the last one for a long time! Brad says we need to break it in for awhile before pulling the camper with it so we won't really know if we made the right decision until then. That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. This is the perfect time (economy-wise) to invest in a new vehicle. I'm happy for you - it's VERY pretty. :-)
    I just ordered Jessica's baby shower present today - I wish I could be there. You guys will have a great time. Rub the belly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! We wish you could be there too! It's going to be a mini-family reunion and I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The new truck is a BEAUTY! Ryan chose well! :)

    ReplyDelete