Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I've got nothin

While at mamaw's, Little Man, the dog behind Brad, found this 5' black snake in the bushes. This isn't the first one the dogs have found out there but it is the biggest!! See where it is fatter in the middle? It had just finished eating a bunch of dogfood.

I figured since it was dead.....

Papaw and his two favorite boys


Hannah and cousin Shilah



Cameron




Today has been a long day. I think everything went smoothly in the morning. I was getting lots of things done while Ryan was content to watch movies or play in his room or follow me around and ask what I was doing. I was surprised when I came out to the livingroom and saw it was 11! For us, the longest, hardest part of the day is from 8 to 11. I don't know why but it seems like it is never going to be lunchtime most days! I'm glad it went fast today. But what it brought me was a grouchy boy who decided he wasn't going to be happy with anything! So I didn't get much done in the afternoon. I tried to do as much as I could outside so he could play, like untangle all the wrachet (sp?) straps that Brad jumbled up and threw in my back seat and clean out my big blue tub (which contained more jumbled wrachet straps) and start filling it with pool toys for the beach. We have another strawberry ready to be picked but I'm leaving it be for another day. Anyway, so after we got Hannah from school I started supper and we played outside just a little longer. It was starting to get sooo hot. Both the kids were extra tired today. We had a busy day yesterday (Memorial Day). We went to breakfast, walmart to get a few things for the cookout at Brad's mom's, came home so I could make the brownies, went to mamaw's, ate lunch, watched the kids swim in the pool, get lots of good video and pics, eat supper, go fishing and get back home right at 9 and still have to shower the kids. So they both got 2 less hours sleep than normal. But I didn'thave trouble waking Hannah like I thought I would. Ryan is really getting into fishing. He caught two fish by himself and I caught two also. I can't catch anything but bluegill! Oh well. Back to today....Brad is in town this week so I'm glad he's home this evening for a change. Now I am working on the Bible Club lesson for tomorrow. I'm filling in for the regular teacher. I've never taught this before so its taking me awhile to get used to the book and I have no idea about the kid's books!! So I better go so I can work on that.

4 comments:

  1. I take it Lil Man is over his disease or parvo or whatever he had?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, he's fine now! They think he had parvo but they never actually tested him for it. I still have my doubts that's what it was but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very serious doggy illness that is most often deadly. Happens when you don't vaccinate your puppy right.

    ReplyDelete