Monday, June 21, 2010

the new normal

Today is the beginning of our summer and our new normal. This is the first week since Hannah has been out of school that we haven't been at the beach or had Bible school every evening. Having Nat, Cheryl and Sebastion (their dog) around is gonna take some getting used to but I'm so glad we can help them out. That's the new normal part. Hannah and Ryan love having them around. And I think Nat and Cheryl enjoy being able to be around them more. They have missed a lot being so far away. I told them that by the time they left our house they won't want kids for a long time! Sammy is just not starting to loosen up around Sebastion. SHe has been hiding under the table or behind the chair since he got here. At first I liked the new quiet Sammy but I have been missing my playful, barking girl! Patches and him became fast friends, tho.

Among other news, I have a new nephew, who I love already. The kids and I will be going up there next week to see them.

Now that our summer has started, there will be lots of free movies to attend, swimming at mamaw's, eating watermelon, chores, worksheets and late evening spent cathing lightning bugs or something else.

Well, I sent the kids out to the trampoline so I better go!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post, sweetie! The days of catching lightning bugs! I miss all of the summer days when you kids were home. I especially miss taking you to the super Ohio State parks! We had loads of fun there!

    ReplyDelete