Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summertime blues

After spending the week in NC with my parents, reality has finally struck. There are only 2 weekends left (after this one) before school starts!! I can't believe it! I feel like just yesterday Hannah was missing the last 2 days of school so we could go to the beach. How can it possibly be over so fast?! At the beginning of the summer I had a hard time adjusting to a different schedule of getting up later in the morning and being up later in the evening, entertaining the kids and doing my normal stuff between fun things for them. Now that it is about time to get the kids back on the school schedule, I'm so not looking forward to it. My time with Hannah is about up. Soon I'll be giving her up to the school. I don't even feel like we got to do that much together. I had big plans to do tons of worksheets, start them on chores, and get Hannah ready for first grade. I'm sad to report that none of that happened. We did get some worksheets done but never made it to the chores. Since Nat and Cheryl moved in to Hannah's room in the middle of June, she doesn't have half the chores I would have given her. And her being gone for 2 weeks didn't help. It's been an all around hectic summer. We have decided that Teddy will go up on a shelf when she goes to first grade. I keep reminding her because I don't want her to forget and then spring in on her on the first day of school. I know she'll be fine without him. He doesn't leave the bedroom, therefore she has been without him for 2 weeks straight and never asked about him. She did, however, carry him around about all afternoon when we got back today.

I am already excited for what next summer will bring us. Since I'm off my birth control pills, Lord willing, I'll be about ready to pop by then. =) We also want to skip the beach and maybe go to Pigeon Forge or somewhere like that. I'm done with the camper. It has given us some major issues and I'd like to roll it into the river. Will ins pay for that?!

Anyway, there are few things I still want to do in the last 2 1/2 weeks I have before strict scheduling starts again. A few girls I was good friends with in high school had kids in Hannah's class last year and we want to get together and go to the bouncy place. Hannah has her 6 yr, yes she is turning 6 very soon, check up soon. That also means there should be a birthday party in the works....I'm still undecided on that. I want the kids to be able to spend the night at mamaw's one last time. My sister wants to go to a waterpark in Jackson, OH one weekend. Brad wants to go camping one last time. And for some reason I don't see some of those things happening!

I guess my point is, I'm not ready for summer to be over!!!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like "years" are going to be thought of in school years now - we're about to join you on that. This year is going to be a great one for you, especially with the baby plans. I'm so excited for you!
    I'm glad you had such a great summer and have great memories. :-) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. the school will own Kara for 9 months. During that time you will have visitation rights evening and weekends only! =) It makes the years go by too fast. But, on the up side, it is so fun to be involved and watch them grow and learn and make friends and become their own person. That's what we have them for anyway; to teach them and then turn them loose to do things on their own and then teach their kids. It's difficult to get used to, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I never even had you guys over here to swim!!! I'll try to get that worked in there too!! And I know exactly what you mean about there not being a lot of time left. June is always CRAZY busy for us and it seemed like July flew and now it's August. Alex has football practice every day until school starts, I had Kayla's best friend spend the night one night the last two weeks in a row. All the kids spent the night with my parents last night. Shanda is staying with us Monday night and one of Dylan's friends is coming over to swim on Tuesday! Can you tell I'm trying to "fit" everything in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! to all you said, Liz! Once the kids start school, the years just ZIP by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete