Tuesday, August 10, 2010

productive day

Today started out good cuz we slept in until 8:30! Ryan and I did, anyway, Hannah didn't get up until after 9. I had already made up my mind that today would be a major cleaning day. I had a hard enough time keeping the house clean when it was just the 4 of us with 2 dogs, add 2 more people and another huge dog and there is no way I can keep up with that!! I have been for days looking at all the filth and thinking about all the things that need done. So I got right to business and swept and mopped the floors, loaded the dishwasher, doing laundry in between, hanging it outside. I cleaned the windows at the front of the house, where the dogs rub their wet noses all over them and cleaned the window sills that they slobber all over, or put their front paws on so they can get a better look outside. I dusted everything, which Brad had done before I came back from NC (love him!) but it needed it already. Then I started wiping down the walls and cleaning off the baseboards. Ughh! My house is disgusting! There is so much more to do but I only did as much as I did because the kids were very good while they were here but spent several hours next door with grandma. We had chicken alfredo, salad and cottage cheese for supper. I was going to make corn but I forgot. Soon we're going to do a few worksheets and then it will be almost time for a bath and ealry bedtime since they didn't take a nap. I'm exhausted so I'll probably go to bed early myself!

4 comments:

  1. I added a bike ride with the kids in there too because they did so well on their worksheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some of your get up and go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Stephanie! I would've been done after the floors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. trust me, this much cleaning is rare for me!!

    ReplyDelete