Friday, August 13, 2010

school

Today I got all Hannah's school supplies. She picked out a High School Musical book bag at the beginning of the summer. I love school supply shopping! I don't know why. Buying all those pencils (I actually didn't buy pencils b/c we have a tub FULL of unsharpened pencils here), markers, scissors, 3x5 notecards, folders, etc. She had to have four specific colored folders, one for each subject. So I let her write the subject and her name on every folder. It was so cute. She's such a big girl. We packed her pencil box, which made me think of the real pencil "boxes" we used to have. Remember those?! Brad didn't remember actual boxes. And got everything in her backpack. We're both getting excited. I hope she loves school. It'll be much easier on us all. =) We've been slowly getting into the school schedule which means this week started no naps and earlier to bed, which automatically means they get up earlier. Next week I'll actually start waking them up at 7, maybe earlier.
I am rather sad about one thing. My sister has got to spend the whole summer off work and home with her new bundle of joy. I know she is dreading the return to work. She used to say she would never be able to be a stay at home mom but I know she would love it now. I remember the days of longing to be home with my kids while I was working. I'm going to be saying a special prayer for her every time I think about it for awhile. It'll be hard for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Dad and I stood behind a woman buying TONS of school supplies earlier in the week. We both said we didn't miss those days!

    I pray the LORD works it all out so Jessica can spend LOTS of time working from home, at least, if not so that she can stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the pencil "boxes". They were kind of like cigar boxes decorated to be kid friendly. Very practical - I think I could stand on those boxes and they wouldn't break. My favorite one had a map of the United States.

    Oh, I feel bad for Jessica. She always said she'd never want to stay home, so I had no idea she wouldn't want to go back! You never know how life can change in a few months or a few years, she may be home soon enough. OR, she may find working part time is the perfect balance for her. I'll pray that God leads her to what is best for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me cry sis and now I can't stop. I am just praying for the peace of the Lord to help me through the next month of being home and the time after that. I dread it...

    ReplyDelete