Friday, October 22, 2010

baby, baby, baby

Why does it have to be so hard to pick names for a baby?! I have been picking a new name that I love every two weeks! I have been thru a lot of girls names but have only settled on one boys name that I like. And just over the past few days, I don't really like that name either! It has been this way every time. After I say the name in my head for a week, it suddenly doesn't sound right for my child. I wish my children could come with a name. It would be so much easier for me. So I currently like the name Ava Joy. I just thought of that while sitting here. That's what made me think to do this post.

In other baby news, I'm counting down to my next ultrasound. I go for my 16 wk check up on Nov 8 and then 2 wks after that I go for the us. That's when I could find out what I'm having. I've gotta say, I'm changing my mind about that every 2 weeks too!! I'm so undecided now. One day I know for sure I don't want to know. The next day maybe it would be fine to find out.

Another thing I keep changing is where the baby's room is going to be. Most of you know we don't have another bedroom for this baby to call it's own. For awhile we were going to put it in the playroom (Brad didn't like the idea but I did) now we are putting it in the other half of our closet/hallway/old bedroom. I don't really know what the room is called. Before we built on (after I had Ryan) this room was our bedroom. We built on a new master bedroom, which connects to this room because our bathroom connects to this room. We put a wall up to split the room in half and made half a big walk in closet and the other half houses our desktop computer, file cabinets and other misc stuff. So I've been throwing out lots of stuff and we are in the process of getting that area into a small baby's room. We gave our big sectional couch to Brad's brother and moved the basically new couch we bought several years ago that we never use out of the playroom and into the place of the sectional. Now there is room in the playroom for the computer desk. Shew! That's a lot to think about, I know!

I wonder what I'll change next?!

6 comments:

  1. I like the name Ava. My best friend's little girl is Ava Malinn. (Her grandmother's names are Maureen and Linda, so they combined them to create their own name, Malinn.) :-) I also love the name Erica (which I would spell Erika), but it uses every letter from Kara, so that makes sense. Lol!
    We were going to name a boy Joseph Michael, so I like that name too.
    I thought Kara would have been a good Mikayla, but Michael thought it was too much like his name (because it's usually spelled Michaela) and he didn't like that. Anyway, I'm sure you didn't want extra names to confuse you more! :-)
    Check your mail Monday - the post office said your package would be there then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the name Joy by combining Joseph and Troy (brad's g-pa)but Brad doesn't like it. I can't come up with any other combination for any of the grandparents besides that! He did say he likes Ava, tho, so that's a start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is about the addition of the third child that makes things so complicated, but that seems to be true! Perhaps it is because the alloted space for bedrooms has already been assigned.

    No one wants their next boy/girl to think that their name was a runner-up choice! We had several names ready (in our case, girls' names) and picked the one that seemed to fit at that moment. We always told our kids their names were determined because they were born on "Karen" day, etc. :)

    With my continued prayers for your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a hard time deciding what your name would be, if you were a girl, lol! Your name suits you beautifully as you have a beautiful spirit and are a beautiful young woman!......who has every right to change her mind as often as she likes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were totally in sync with Alex's name. Kayla's was a little harder, but Dylan I changed several times. Well, Tim changed some of mine too! In the beginning of my pregnancy, I wanted Grant for a boy. And the middle name was supposed to be Alan (Tim's middle name). Theeennnn...I decided I didn't like Grant anymore. Since Alex had Timothy as a middle name and Kayla had mine, we wanted the third something "after someone" too. As KaraBeth said! Runner up name! Anyway, Then I liked Tanner Alan. I thought it was PERFECT! Tim hated it. Grrr...He suggested Dylan and I was so happy it wasn't something "plain" that I said okay! BUT...I didn't like Alan with Dylan. La, la la la...just didn't like the way it sounded together. Sooooo....... then I was in search of a different middle name! We ended up with my brother's middle name. Michael. Now, you probably didn't need to hear that whole story, but...I felt like telling it! lol Good luck with names! I love Ava Joy! I think it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know what a hard time we had with Baby Girl #4! Don't worry, once you decide a name, it will feel "right".

    By the way, I'm not sure I've told you congratulations yet. So: Congratulations!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete