Monday, October 18, 2010

A day of firsts

I did several things today that I've never done before. I must say, I'm glad this day is over, the hard part, anyway!

I made homemade applesauce for the first time. It was really good warm over vanilla ice cream.

I made an apple pie for the first time. I haven't tried it but I sent Hannah over to grandma's with a piece and some ice cream and later this evening she told me my only fault with the pie is that I don't make it often enough! I take that as a compliment! I'll try it later. =)

I made Bob Evan's cheddar baked potato soup for the first time. I don't know what went wrong but something didn't turn out right. It tasted good but the soup part didn't mix up right. It was good enough to eat.

As you can see, I spent all afternoon in the kitchen. If you know me, you know that's NOT where I like to be!! And my feelings didn't change any after today.

Brad took Ryan hunting with him for the first time this evening. I took a pic but honestly just don't feel like getting up to get my camera and wire so I can put the pic on here. They look so cute in their camo.

I'd really love to say I was going to sit here all evening and do nothing but my boys need socks and undies! The laundry is done, I just have to get it out of the basket and in their drawers. That's the worst part of the job! I hate matching socks!!

We finally got the huge computer desk out of our bedroom and to Nat and Cheryl. So I spent a couple hours this morning throwing things away and starting a goodwill bag in our bedroom. I don't know how we accumulate so much stuff. I didn't get much done but I think we finally have a place picked out for this baby. I'm sure it will change again before it actually gets here but we are making a start!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN on the matching socks! HATE it with a passion!

    You were a busy little beaver today in the kitchen! Where'd you get your Bob Evans soup recipe?

    Can't wait to see pictures of the boys in their camos!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the recipe off the internet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like being in the kitchen, but sometimes it's good to get out of it too. I made the applesacue from scratch once, but nobody ate it! LOL Never made apple pie before. Mainly because Tim and I neither one like it. Glad you're trying new things!

    ReplyDelete